View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Lottie I am glad things went better today.
I think that holding onto the rent is a good bargaining tool - he can have it when he has sorted out the problems and i would push for a reduction until the works and the disruption has been sorted...
Have you put ads in the local vets for your shop (excuse me if you have already!)
Also just a thought - do you have a large hospital or anything like that near you - could you contact the HR department and tell them you will give a, say, 5% discount or a free gift or something like that to their staff. That way your shop will be advertised widely amongst the staff. I know at my hospital we have a sheet that comes from from time to time with shops that will give NHS staff a discount, probably the same with the council and other large employers like that.
xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Sorry Lottie just off to dogtraining will get back. I just said to Dave about it and he said he can definitely have you for breach of contract if you withold rent and kick you out, so like I said, read that contract with a fine toothcombe before you actually DO it!! I know how much you want to, but you've got to thing of yourself. All you can actually "do" him for is "loss of earnings" so put in a claim and have him!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I would write to him and say that you have the rent ready for him to collect this month....that way you could get to see him and have proof that you are not withholding rent.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 06:03 PM
glad things are going back to normal lottie
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys,

It's not quite as simple as some of the suggestions but thanks for trying

The landlord's agent did call me back last night and has asked me to put into writing why I want a month's hold. This is not to say that I will not pay it, but that I will run a month in arrears, that's all.

I can't put a claim in for loss of earnings because I haven't kept up with when they were here and what I had taken, not to mention the fact that my takings are up and down anyway with being new.

It's getting sorted though - and thanks.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 11:17 AM
RRMum - I've started on the things you've suggested, not done all of them yet - but some are in place! Still trying to catch up and keep up!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Glad things are a bit more sorted Lottie!
Hopefully the business will be able to grow now!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 03:49 PM
thanks Hevvur...

I've emailed the letter as requested anyway and it's very reasonable and polite... so we'll see. What I'm asking for really isn't a lot considering everything... he is having real trouble letting these shops so for me to ask for a bit of give and take isn't unreasonable I don't think - I'm not asking for any money off - just a break.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 10:36 AM
The hole is going to be filled in tomorrow or Friday and the rubbish will be taken away as soon as he gets his truck back in the next few days.

He didn't mention the rent...

He was very nice to me though
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 10:40 AM
That sounds like good news Lottie
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2