Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 09:33 AM

House insurance

Who do you use for house insurance building and contents...or have you found it cheaper to split them...
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 10:00 AM
We had been with the Pru for years, then as a cost cutting exercise I shopped around and found Barclays were so much cheaper. ( Like for like)
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 08:26 AM
I was with Pru for years and they were fine, but then shopped around and went with M&S but they put their prices up (like they did with pet insurance) and so last year I moved to Co-op. They gave me a good price, but I will carry on shopping around at renewal because it is strange how one company will be cheap for one and then really expensive for someone else and then all change the next renewal.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 08:36 AM
We are with Halifax for both. They are definitely not the cheapest but they are not so picky about what properties they insure. Our house is a one-off. Very unusual in design. It's a very large chalet bungalow with garages underneath the property, below ground level. Therefore, any other insurer we have enquired with, are not willing to insure us because they don't have a re-build cost (I think that's what they said). Anyway, Halifax don't do all that, so we stick with them. They just ask how many bedrooms, bathrooms and so on. Whereas other banks, etc., start asking about the roof and structure and goodness knows what else I think when we looked, Alliance and Leicester (this was a couple of years back) were very competitive with price but, as usual, were unwilling to insure the property
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm with the co-op too, their call centres are uk based and we also have one of the cars insured with them. Have never made a house insurance claim but motor insurance claims have been dealt with brilliantly. We have house and contents together.
http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co....Page/Insurance