View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 04:22 PM

Update on shop problems (update at post #19)

Well today, I've had no workmen, and lots of customers...

The hole is still there, as is the rubbish that I've asked them to sort out twice. I've called the council who won't remove it because it's on the landlord's property.
The landlord's agents is sending my calls straight to voicemail, where I've already left a message saying I need to talk to him about some issues I'm not happy about.

I've been to the bank and cancelled the standing order for this month's rent and the landlord has been around today to show people the flat upstairs (taking them past the multiple bags of cr@p in front of the doorway) and then jumped straight back in his car (not his usual truck, that I recognise!) not waiting around for me to catch up with him.

Dad's moved all the sandbags and barriers from in front of my shop (which didn't need to be there because they've boxed the trench that they haven't yet filled in) and put them in front of one of the unused ones so that you can see the shop again and I've had a few more people in.

But he can whistle for April's rent!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Glad to hear the customers are rolling back in Lottie.
Looks like the Landlord is trying to avoid you.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Doesn't it just... I'm not a happy bunny at all.

He gave me a load of tosh when I took it on saying about having a 'good working relationship' and how everything would be done and none of it really materialised at all!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I think they are nearly all like that ok when they want your deposit and signature then everything they promise doesn't materialise once they have you hooked. I dare say there are some nice Landlords out there though.
From what you have said of your Mum doesn't sound like she will let this one lay.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm glad you've been busy today Lottie, that's what you want, lots of customers and no workmen hanging around outside! Glad you've got your ascertive hat on today too, wtg!!! Check out that contract of yours before witholding the rent, read that small print, I would hate him to be able to throw you out for witholding payment after you've spent all that money doing his shop up for him - no what I mean????!!!! Check out the rent stipulations in it and what rights he has if you withold the rent and what rights you have TO withold rent. Not being funny here, just trying to protect you that's all!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Good idea to not release the rent to him. I expect he'll be dying to talk to you once he realises the money hasn't gone into his account
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Helena has a good point.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Helena does have a point but he isn't exactly playing the gracious Landlord. I don't think it would be wise to never pay the rent (as I'm assuming you didn't intend to never give it to him at all) but using money as bargaining power (as in getting the idiot to talk to you) is a useful tool. One I would certainly use if he is refusing to answer your requests to talk As your Landlord, he has a responsibility to you with regard the property and it doesn't sound like he has your business interest at heart.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Helena, I'm going to pm you, don't think I should put what I was going to put on the web
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 05:00 PM
No, I was trying to request my rent to be put on hold, but haven't been able to get in touch. Hence - I've cancelled it anyway.

If I don't have it, I can't pay it. And I don't have it!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >