Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 10:33 AM

Another little taste of my new garden

We're getting there at last!!! I can't believe how different it's looking with some turf being laid today!!! It's almost too smart for my liking!

The black bamboo looks fantastic against the green fence with it's black stalks, or whatever they're called!

It was hard work yesterday digging all the big holes for the new trees and I was out there watering in my dressing gown in the dark last night - Dave said there's keen and stupid!!!! I said it was imperative they had a good watering when they'd just been planted, so he gave up with me!!!

Can't wait to see what Georgie does when he's let out there for the first time, he'll just stand there gobsmacked I suppose!!!

Thanks for looking at my new little Estate!!!!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Your garden looks fab Helena I do hope Georgie hasn't left something under that there lovely new turf
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:08 PM
H, you have got the rain in time for the garden today - It's been bucketing down!!
No midnight watering in the dressing gown now
Looking fab I bet you are all so pleased
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:15 PM
That looks simply stunning. Did you get to keep "Olive" ?

Love your Bamboo's
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Your garden looks fab Helena I do hope Georgie hasn't left something under that there lovely new turf
Not yet he hasn't!!!! At least I'll be able to see it more easily now won't I!!!!! Can you please tell Nykie about my lovely new garden on your travels????!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
H, you have got the rain in time for the garden today - It's been bucketing down!!
No midnight watering in the dressing gown now
Looking fab I bet you are all so pleased
They've just finished laying all the turf now, they're soaking wet, cold and miserable, so they've gone home, who can blame them!!

I've e-mailed you some finished pics, but of course it's not totally finished yet, they'll be here for the rest of the week! Do you think it looks a bit ott??? I do!!!!! I'm quite embarrassed about it really, I'll be the talk of the village again!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
That looks simply stunning. Did you get to keep "Olive" ?

Love your Bamboo's
Lol! Yes Karen, she's at the head of Cassie's grave, and it looks absolutely stunning there against the fence. I will take more piccies when it's all finished. I couldn't believe the difference when that turf went down though LOok at that beautiful little red maple, it's quite spectacular against the green turf isn't it! A stone bird bath is going next to that, but he broke it yesterday so he's had to "modify" it and stick it back together with cement, it's just a tad shorter than it was now!!!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:19 PM
It looks beautiful Helena, puts my garden to shame I can tell you.

I'm another one that wanders around in my nightie or pj's in the garden, don't have any neighbours to worry about. Mind you, I never noticed the traffic jam the other day and was wandering about in my pj's could have been worse, the day before it was just a little nightie
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Lol at you Sheree and that traffic jam!!!!!

I expect I'll have a similar garden to yours in no time It all looks too new and perfect for me and Georgie!!! At least it's going to be low maintenance now instead of overgrown shrubs, trees and weeds.

They finished the turfing in the pouring rain, coming back tomorrow to put the stepping stones in, the bird bath and feeders, and finish off the patio. Hopefully they'll be gone by Thursday

shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 05:30 PM
WOW i am very envious!!

It looks absolutely lovely. The dog are going to have a brilliant time running around there!! I love the colour in some of the tree's.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Wwwooooo H.. its LOVELY!!

I can only dream of grass like that.. mine looks like a Malamute Moon scape....Mud & Holes!

its lovely.. let the neighbours talk.. its just jealousy..

BUT

if they start calling you Mrs Bucket...........LOL
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >