Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2007, 12:33 PM

Smoothie makers

Hello,

I don't eat much fruit so I am thinking about getting a smoothie maker, however this might just be a fad, so can anyone tell me the difference between one of these and a ordinary liquidiser?

Is there any difference, I know that I would need to strain out the bits of pips etc but is there any difference?

Ian
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Both my mum and my sister are on what they call a smoothie diet wich literally consists of fruit blended with yougurt they both have smoothie makers and my older sis has a blender her son like you does not eat enough fruit he will only take it like a smoothie she buys frozen friuit from her local tesco or asda sand reckons it does the same job and cant find any difference in hers or my mums .
Hope thats helpfull hogget
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 03:41 PM
My hubby uses our blender when he makes smoothies
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for you help, now the next question (sorry) but what do you use to make the smoothie - milk, yoghurt, ice cream?

Ian
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 04:56 PM
The blender will do the same job. We use our blender for smoothies. If you want healthy, then it's low fat yoghurt and fruit. I usually add a little honey too! If it's not low fat, ice cream will make you more like a milkshake than a smoothie. I usually keep bags of frozen fruit and use both fresh and frozen. Whatever you fancy really. It's trial and error. Enjoy experimenting.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I've done em in both blender and smoothy maker and not much diff. They are awsome though and you can use pretty much anything you fancy.. Loads of websites to give you recipe ideas too