Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:36 AM

£80 fine for dogs offlead in public?

Okay,

I knew about owner's being fined if walking their dogs off the lead on roads etc but today I heard (only through word of mouth) that some councils are bringing in a fine of £80 for dogs off lead in public places - including parks!!

Does anybody know anything about this, all I can find is about Camden Council and they're introduced dog exercise areas specifically but I will go mad if I'm fined for allowing my dogs off the lead in the park!

Apparently, they claim it's to prevent dog mess being left but if you're going to leave it, it won't make a difference whether the dogs on or offlead and I find it easier to pick my dogs' mess up when they're off the lead rather than having them hanging on the end of their leads while I'm trying to pick it up!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Its being introduced my manchester city concil, i made a post about in about a month back, i dont know if its going to be a nation wide thing.
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-03-2007, 11:41 AM
The link to it

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._the_lead.html

penalising the majority for what the minority do.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:44 AM
yes here in Hampshire it will be soon be brought in IN CERTAIN AREA'S ................
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:44 AM
The latest one in the news is the London area, it was on tele a couple of nights ago.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:46 AM
What does this mean? that all dogs in Manchester must be onlead at all times in public??... If so I truley hope other councils do not make the same rule and feel sorry for dog owners living there.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:47 AM
What sort of areas are they saying??
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:47 AM
I have no problem with dogs being on a lead when they are in a public place.
Dawn.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:50 AM
How will they police this? No park I've ever been in has ever had a visible permanent warden...

I can see the point in some areas, e.g. lots of children around, but where will you be able to let your dog off their lead?

Designated dog-exercise areas makes me think of Dog Borstal and the fenced in enclosure they walk around at night!

Definitely penalising the majority
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:51 AM
yes that is correct. most of the public parks in manchester as of the end of april aren't allowing dogs off-lead. i dont even think there will be off-lead exercise areas either . pretty bad isn't it?? seems it going to be getting harder to own a dog and enjoy it. what with beaches not being dog-friendly and now parks! it ridiculous! i dont know what's started it. i think its probably because of the dog attacks but dont think the councils will admit to it, they say its because of dog fowling. but its okay for kids to go vandalising wherever they want and nothing gets done. makes me soooo mad
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »