Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 03:34 PM

Haunted house! Or not?

I thought I'd ask you lot as this is getting to bug me now!

Everytime we walk past our next door neighbour's house (thankfully we usually have to walk the other way to get to the car, the park or a road walk) Takara gets spooked and won't go near the house.
She spins around on the end of the lead, runs into the road and pulls me everywhere! She's done it ever since she was old enough to go out.

I recently found out my friend's dog does this too so it must be something they can sense and we can't.

Just wondered if anyone had a clue as to what it could be? Mum thinks it's because the people who live there often leave food out so get foxes in their garden but Takara's never been afraid of foxes

All suggestions welcome
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Did you want to visit next week?!??!?! lol

Might be ...dogs have a great sixth sense for that type of thing. Either that or they have a bush, tree or something in the garden that she cant see properly or sounds funny.

Interesting though
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 03:57 PM
hehe hi Jay - when you come to stay I will show you what I mean - perhaps you could even video tape it for me!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Also, the guy who used to live there was very fond of his garden and there's lots of plants and bushes in there but I can't see that being the reason because she is happy to walk past the house on the other side of us where an old man lives and who's garden is completely overgrown. So much so that visitors think the house is derelict!
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2006, 12:58 PM
I think dogs have a 6th sense. In our old house, Poppy used to sit on the arm of the sofa, looking up the stairs, she'd move her head and eyes as though she was following someone walking down the stairs, then she'd jump off the sofa, run to the bottom of the stairs and look down the hallway as though she was watching someone walk away.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 01:19 PM
oooh dodgy!

I wonder if it's our old puddy who's buried just on our side of the border.... hmmm!
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 02:01 PM
animals can see and sense things we cant so maybe it is haunted
When my gran died I was too young to go to the funeral my mum thought so I stayed at home ,The livingroom door opened by itself and Gypsy our dog watched somthing I couldnt see go from the door to a chair ,then she walked over to the chair as if to say hello to sombody ,I think it was my gran coming to say goodbye to us
patterlad
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-10-2006, 05:22 PM
about twenty years ago,me and my kids moved into this old house that over looked a graveyard.I owned a JRT at the time that always slept on the bottom of the girls bed.On the second night of being there i woke up to find the dog going mad barking at the corner of the kids bedroom and my youngest wedged up the side of the bathroom sink screaming her head off saying she saw a little boy walk past her bed.I could not stop the dog from going mad all his fur was up.The dog from that day on was always in that room staring into the corner of the room not moving a muscle.We moved out two weeks later and moved back to my mums and everything returned back to normal.That dog knew something was in that room.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by patterlad View Post
about twenty years ago,me and my kids moved into this old house that over looked a graveyard.I owned a JRT at the time that always slept on the bottom of the girls bed.On the second night of being there i woke up to find the dog going mad barking at the corner of the kids bedroom and my youngest wedged up the side of the bathroom sink screaming her head off saying she saw a little boy walk past her bed.I could not stop the dog from going mad all his fur was up.The dog from that day on was always in that room staring into the corner of the room not moving a muscle.We moved out two weeks later and moved back to my mums and everything returned back to normal.That dog knew something was in that room.
That must have been scary
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Oooh that is a bit scary

I'd be really interested to find out who/what it is but doubt I ever will... already googled the house and found nothing of interest!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >