Our sister sites
Our sister sites
matsuura.9
New Member!
Female 

02-12-2013, 12:19 AM

What is my dog breed? (Terrier & ??)

Hi guys!

We are trying to figure out what kind of dog we have. We just adopted him from a shelter. The shelter says he is a Terrier Mix. But we want to know if anyone knows what his other half is. Thank you all

Name: Hachi
Weight: 26lb (he is medium size and will not grow any bigger)
Personality: energetic; very friendly; very curious (rarely response to us when taking outside)

Here are some of his photos: (We think his one half looks like border terrier because of his eyebrows and some tough fur on his back...but his other half is always a puzzle )

Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2013, 05:45 AM

Well done for rescuing Hachi from the shelter! I can see what you mean about looking a bit like a Border Terrier in some of the photos but really have no idea what breed/s he is. He is just lovely!

Possibly others will be along shortly who have more knowledge than I, and in the meantime

jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Gorgeous looking dog. I agree about border terrier - that was my first thought. Looks quite leggy - bit of whippet perhaps?

So glad he's been rescued from the shelter.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Lovely. No idea. I see you've bought him a set of drums - he should like that!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2013, 12:59 PM
lol, you are asking something there

We had an Airdale/Retriever/Boxer mix that looked very similar to yours, he was bigger though.

Could be anything in there

Such a lovely face, may you have many years together
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Whatever Hachi is made up of, I can only confirm that it's all good What a handsome boy he is, loving his head which of course is border terrier, but the rest of him, I too can see lurcher, but then when I look again can I see gsd somewhere the legs, the sable colouring in them, that tail and the black shadow on his back? Dunno how that happened, but I can see gsd somewhat.
matsuura.9
New Member!
Female 

03-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Gorgeous looking dog. I agree about border terrier - that was my first thought. Looks quite leggy - bit of whippet perhaps?

So glad he's been rescued from the shelter.
Yes he is quite leggy -- and he runs really fast in the dog park we would never catch him if he just runs away
matsuura.9
New Member!
Female 

03-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Lovely. No idea. I see you've bought him a set of drums - he should like that!
Thank you and yes he likes (to sniff, sniff, sniff) the drums very much!!
matsuura.9
New Member!
Female 

03-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
lol, you are asking something there

We had an Airdale/Retriever/Boxer mix that looked very similar to yours, he was bigger though.

Could be anything in there

Such a lovely face, may you have many years together
Thank you so much Imana-Banana!

We looked up the images of Airdale/Retriever/Boxer mix and we do think he looks like them (especially the eye brows)!! How is your dog's personality ? Like, does he come when called in the beginning ?
matsuura.9
New Member!
Female 

03-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Whatever Hachi is made up of, I can only confirm that it's all good What a handsome boy he is, loving his head which of course is border terrier, but the rest of him, I too can see lurcher, but then when I look again can I see gsd somewhere the legs, the sable colouring in them, that tail and the black shadow on his back? Dunno how that happened, but I can see gsd somewhat.
Thanks Helena54!! In the beginning we saw gsd too especially the colors and the tail! (We were worried a little because gsd is forbidden in our apartment) We just looked up lurcher, the body shape looks similar. Are they pretty fast? (they look like they are)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >