Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Jenny have you ever seen those 'location maps' that are attached to some discussion forums?

A small app you can use so members can 'put a pin' where they live and you see the clusters appearing on the map - I was wondering if something like this could be used. It updates itself.

Instead of putting a 'virtual' pin into a location on a world map - you could 'put a pin' on your dog's breed in a list!

This type of thing

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mod...x.php?mod=1010

(Gawd this is too much like work but not getting paid for it! I must be VERY disciplined today - no excuse to put it off any longer!)

Of course in my view - if anything costs money to licence - or very much work is involved - it is not fair to expect the owner of a FREE website to fork out for it or put the extra work in for nothing.

I'm surprised at the number of good websites that don't charge a modest 'joining fee'. Even a one off lifetime fiver or so. It's a contentious subject tho - with good reasons for and against which I won't go into here.
Pat - you can 'dontate' to this website as many do but it is voluntary. You can find out what you get and how much it costs in the 'Want to help Dogsey' section on the left hand side. The best thing is the 'private messaging' so you can 'chat' to another member privately.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Pat - you can 'dontate' to this website as many do but it is voluntary. You can find out what you get and how much it costs in the 'Want to help Dogsey' section on the left hand side. The best thing is the 'private messaging' so you can 'chat' to another member privately.
Tang is a supporting member.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2