Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SarahMF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2013, 09:05 PM

Lia and Annie (Lewellin English Setters) Album

Hello to my new Dogsey friends .

I have been trying to get my head around Photobucket for hours today, and am hoping ( fingers crossed) that this works.

It *should* be a link to an album I made of Lia and Annie a while ago, with the following preface...

Here are pictures of my two gorgeous dogs, Lia and Annie. Both came to us, via the English Setter Rescue Association, from Ireland.

Lia came to us in April 2006, aged one year. Annie came to us at Christmas 2007, aged approximately 15 to 18 months.

They are both the same breed - Llewellin English Setters ( the working type English Setter), but Annie is very tiny.

Annie had been found by the rescue just two hours before she was due to be put to sleep at the pound, so we are lucky to have her!
Soon after she came to us she was diagnosed with bilateral coronoid disease, which may explain why she was rejected?

Both of our 'girls' are very special to us, and they are doing a very good job in getting us trained up!

Here is the link...

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/Sa...hs%20girls%20o
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Sorry Sarah but your link is not working - at least not for me. That is one of the reasons I stopped using Photobucket although other people have no problem with it at all. I am not really sure what to suggest, so hopefully someone who is managing with Photobucket will come along and give you all the help you need.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Hi, it took me a while to h
Get the hang of photobucket too. I just put up one photo at a link. Where you see the bit that say IMAGE Links (near the bottom right of the screen, there is a drop down tab and you need to copy the bottom of the three links. Can't remember what it's called sorry...possibly image code... Then past that into Dogsey.

Hope that helps.
SarahMF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Sorry Sarah but your link is not working - at least not for me. That is one of the reasons I stopped using Photobucket although other people have no problem with it at all. I am not really sure what to suggest, so hopefully someone who is managing with Photobucket will come along and give you all the help you need.
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Hi, it took me a while to h
Get the hang of photobucket too. I just put up one photo at a link. Where you see the bit that say IMAGE Links (near the bottom right of the screen, there is a drop down tab and you need to copy the bottom of the three links. Can't remember what it's called sorry...possibly image code... Then past that into Dogsey.

Hope that helps.
Oh dear! Thank you for your responses folks. I'm not doing very well here am I ?! I wish I was naturally technical!

Malka, I tried to join TinyPic as you kindly suggested, but no matter which link I use, it all reverts to Photobucket. Apparently it is all part and parcel!

I uploaded a batch of photos from my computer to Photobucket, but only 4 appeared, and when I tested the individual code of each picture to my email programme, it didn't work, so didn't try putting them on here. However, the album link worked perfectly in my email programme, and I was filled with hope.....hah!!

It had taken me ages to compile the album, so I was looking forward to sharing it with everyone.
Ah well, never mind....these things are sent to try us, and try us they do!!

Thank you for being patient with my bumblings. I'll take a deep breath and keep trying.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Don't worry...it took me ages! I've never tried to paste the links anywhere but here.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

15-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by SarahMF View Post
...[snip]...
Malka, I tried to join TinyPic as you kindly suggested, but no matter which link I use, it all reverts to Photobucket. Apparently it is all part and parcel!
OK, Sarah do NOT "join" TinyPic. You do not have to join, you can just use it to download/upload/post photos that you have on your computer.

And ignore where it says "search Photobucket".

Just click on "Browse" until you find the photo you want, Resize as you want [I always click to 17" screen] - click "Upload Now" and follow the instructions. It usually just asks you to type out what you see, to make sure you are not a bot!.

Then click on the IMG code, copy and paste directly onto the message pane here.

If you would like more help, you can contact me via Direct Threads. Click on "Dog Forum" at the top, go down to the bottom of the list to "Direct Threads" and post a message FAO Malka. Under the message pane it will ask who you want in the conversation, so just put Malka.

Direct Threads are similar to what used to be PMs - they have to be checked by a moderator before they appear and will only show to me and to the moderators, and I will do my best to help you get photos posted.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Malka is our chief Techi on here - there is nothing that she can't fix. Well done Malka
SarahMF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
OK, Sarah do NOT "join" TinyPic. You do not have to join, you can just use it to download/upload/post photos that you have on your computer.

And ignore where it says "search Photobucket".

Just click on "Browse" until you find the photo you want, Resize as you want [I always click to 17" screen] - click "Upload Now" and follow the instructions. It usually just asks you to type out what you see, to make sure you are not a bot!.

Then click on the IMG code, copy and paste directly onto the message pane here.

If you would like more help, you can contact me via Direct Threads. Click on "Dog Forum" at the top, go down to the bottom of the list to "Direct Threads" and post a message FAO Malka. Under the message pane it will ask who you want in the conversation, so just put Malka.

Direct Threads are similar to what used to be PMs - they have to be checked by a moderator before they appear and will only show to me and to the moderators, and I will do my best to help you get photos posted.
Thank you so much, Malka.
I'm almost afraid to click on 'submit' when posting photos at the moment, but I will try again later on when I have more time to concentrate.
I feel bad that I have now submitted what amount to 'duff' posts with dead links, which could be most frustrating to others. Is there a 'delete post' button??
Here's hoping I have success later...thanks to you!
Kindest regards,
Sarah
Carole
Supervisor

15-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by SarahMF View Post
Hello to my new Dogsey friends .

I have been trying to get my head around Photobucket for hours today, and am hoping ( fingers crossed) that this works.

It *should* be a link to an album I made of Lia and Annie a while ago, with the following preface...

Here are pictures of my two gorgeous dogs, Lia and Annie. Both came to us, via the English Setter Rescue Association, from Ireland.

Lia came to us in April 2006, aged one year. Annie came to us at Christmas 2007, aged approximately 15 to 18 months.

They are both the same breed - Llewellin English Setters ( the working type English Setter), but Annie is very tiny.

Annie had been found by the rescue just two hours before she was due to be put to sleep at the pound, so we are lucky to have her!
Soon after she came to us she was diagnosed with bilateral coronoid disease, which may explain why she was rejected?

Both of our 'girls' are very special to us, and they are doing a very good job in getting us trained up!

Here is the link...

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/Sa...hs%20girls%20o
Hi

It looks like you have got the name of a social network as the folder name (I guess from the import), and as our system automatically removes that word it breaks the photo link.

You could try creating a new album on photobucket and upload your photos directly to that - by doing that there won't be the name of the social network in the photo url.
SarahMF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Hi

It looks like you have got the name of a social network as the folder name (I guess from the import), and as our system automatically removes that word it breaks the photo link.

You could try creating a new album on photobucket and upload your photos directly to that - by doing that there won't be the name of the social network in the photo url.
Thank you Carole, that's very helpful.
I'll try what you suggest.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >