Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 08:44 AM

Rory the Rascal....

He's been a right little cheeky chap this week!

I had a pile of clothes on the floor ready for the wash. Somebody decided it would be nice and comfy if he burrowed into it like some kind of fiendish laundry badger.
Not just curling up on top of it - oh no, that would be too easy. Actually tunnelling under everything then emerging out of the top!

Then he had a fight with a blanket and some tissue.
...and seemingly lost

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 08:48 AM
I'm laughing aloud at that second pic! Floored by a blanket and a tissue lol!

Yes pile of hooman smelling laundry - bliss for the dog!

It's making beds I have probs with - the minute I put any of the covers on the floor to change the sheets the little bint throws herself onto them and does an impression of 'this is the BEST sleep I've ever had in the MOST comfortable place I've ever found' so that I actually feel guilty about shifting her!

And she has a seemingly morbid fear of me putting ANYTHING like blankets, throws (and especially rugs) inside the washing machine! She goes NUTS, trying to wrest it off me - same thing if I shake the rugs over the verandahs - really does send her into a frenzy.

Rotten old me shaking out all the crumbs and lovely smelly bits she's managed to accumulate on them!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Oh the joys of ripped up tissues to pick up lol bless him, he looks pooped after all that
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Oh the joys of ripped up tissues to pick up lol bless him, he looks pooped after all that
Bella doesn't just rip them up she EATS them! My last little dog did too - in fact I was so worried about it I asked the vet if it would harm her and he said no and that some people put chopped up bits of tissue into dog food to bulk it out if the dog has to lose weight?

I draw the line at brightly coloured strong serviettes - I'm sure they're not harmless and don't look forward to seeing them re-emerge either!
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Hahahaha! Bella sounds like heaps of fun... if not a little nuts
At least with eating the tissue you dont have to worry about picking up all the bits

Not sure I want to add it to the menu though! Seems a bit strange lol
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Oh dear that brings back memories
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Hahahaha! Bella sounds like heaps of fun... if not a little nuts
At least with eating the tissue you dont have to worry about picking up all the bits

Not sure I want to add it to the menu though! Seems a bit strange lol
Put it this way - Bella is LOTS of fun! She is so independent and seems to have such a quirky BIG personality. But have to say she's been much more hard work than previous breeds I've owned. (Worth it tho and the work paid off)

All the dogs I've ever owned have made me smile and laugh every day of my life with them. Bella does this more than most. She is like one of those persistent terrible two year olds who never give you a moment's peace.

Latest 'game' (since I had the bed raised for my son and she can no longer just jump up on it easily and needs a hoik up) is for her to go into the bedroom and bark for you to come (coz she has learned that you will since she couldn't reach) and then - as soon as you get there - RUN UNDER THE BED and do the play bow down. Out you go and she repeats the performance. She won't come out if you stand at the door and wait. She waits until you are back in the living room!

She's so funny you can't get cross or fed up with her - she obviously thinks it's the latest and best game ever.

As for quirky - bought her a slice of fillet steak yesterday - she won't eat meat like that raw - but will if you chop it into cubes and just blitz it in the micro for a few seconds.

Put some down for her when she got back from her walk today (when she gets her 'treat') it's still sitting in the dish. People cannot BELIEVE any dog would turn its nose up at steak! Meanwhile she has been drooling and begging for a bit of Olive Breadstick from my son!

My local butcher says if he is going to come back in another life he would like to come back as my dog!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Bless him - exhausted after hunting and slaughtering a tissue Life is hard work for a puppy.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Bluejay - I am really DRAWN to this black faced dog of yours. I linger over his photo every time I see you post a welcome to newbies on the new poster threads. I'm usually drawn to norty or cheeky looking dogs too!

He has the little brown 'eyebrow' spots by the look of it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Tissues? Da Booger knows that I always put a couple of folded tissues under my pillow, so unless I remove them when I get up the bed has been unmade and the pillow chucked on the floor...

...come to think of it even if she sees me remove the tissues she still goes a'hunting for them.

And yes, if I forget and she gets them, she eats them.

I even have to tip my keyboard up on end when I move away from the computer as she knows there are usually tissues on the table behind it, and if the keyboard is not upended she either manages to switch off the computer or set it to so some weird and wonderful things.

Mind you, Da Booger is just nuts whereas Rory is just the cutest pup ever! xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >