Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi If I was in the position of any society who are there to help and be a safety net for people who for whatever reason cannot keep there pets,I would think twice about sending my pet to a society. In the States at least they state whether they have a kill policy or not,but I feel that here in the UK,the society who state that they prevent the cruelty of all animals, in that statement they are telling people that they do not put animals to sleep . Why can'tthey have a list of foster parents who will look after an animal for a specific period until they can find a forever home,this would take the pressure of the society
crystalgirl
The RSPCA do have a stated Policy on Euthanasia you can see it here:

http://www.rspca.org.uk/ImageLocator...67602&mode=prd

They also have a 'pledge' to try to end euthanasia of rehomeable animals here

http://content.www.rspca.org.uk/cmsp...&ssbinary=true

Not my favourite Animal Charity but just trying to put the record straight.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Doesn't surprise me that they are putting healthy animals down, but using a gun to do so, how sick is that!. The last thing these dogs here is a loud bang.

Sorry but if i was that lady i would not be shooting dogs and quit straight away and then go straight to the press, not wait two freaking years to do so!. I would rather give my money to DOGS TRUST anyday. I mean surely when the kennels are full, they are full and should not take any more dogs in. Quite a few places do this. Rather than killing dogs, they should say i'm sorry but we are full but you could try this place instead.

The owners of the dogs are to blame as well, i get that some people have real reasons to give dogs up, but half these dogs are given up for very minor reasons or the fact that they got bored of the puppy, or the dog has behaviour problems. I swear i hope to win the lottery one day so every single dog can have somewhere safe to stay for life if need be.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Hi Vicky88 I am with you on that,managed to speakto the Assembly Member,who has been so helpful with our little band.showed him the actual cutting from the Daily Mail, he said something very strange,and I will have to research it.The RSPCA to the Welsh are like the Methodists,and they were never ever given the chance to preach here. But he still seemed really shocked,as they are supposed to have this code of conduct towards all living animals,he said he will have a word with other people who are interested in the welfare of Animals,because here in wales if one rescue is full they contact other rescues to help them out,they have even had rescue centres as far as the Wash in Norfolk,when they had a load of seals washed up,so there is no reason to end an animals life.I mentioned about foster parents it seems most centres do have a list of people who takein litters of puppies and kittens,he just cannot understand,why ,if they did,take this action especially shooting them.I trust him and he will come back to us,he has been marvelous about the possible Badger Cull,and they are seriously looking into vaccine.crystalgirl
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4