Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 08:57 PM

Beef ribs

Anyone fed these?

I usually feed lamb ribs, occasionally pork ribs. Cain chomps through these in no time.

The butcher gave me three really big separate ribs for free, it think they must be beef ribs. Cain's been chewing it for 30 mins and still going

I'll be going to get more of those!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 08:59 PM
yip we had some... they loved them

lucky boy
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 09:58 PM
I want to get some for Jake, but haven't yet... I am going to a new butchers though, so I will be asking when I next go
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I get these at my local wholesale butcher (well I assume they're beef ribs, they're labelled "African Ribs"???) and they're really good for recreational chewing. My dogs chew on them for a few hours and then I remove them, let them dry for a few days and then leave them out to have the occasional gnaw on. They're even more popular than Deer Antler.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't think they would last Cain more than one session, he demolished his in an hour, but he is a strong chewer However he did get tired and leave the last few inches, which was great as I wanted to take that bit off of him anyway and throw it. I was amazed how long it lasted for a rib bone. I think I prefer it for recreational chewing to marrowbones (still can't quite get over fear he's going to crack a tooth!)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2011, 06:51 PM
I am afraid beef ribs only last my GSD 10 minutes, but the Weim takes about 30 minutes to get through hers.......