Our sister sites
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2011, 09:24 AM

Healthy pack up?

Do they exsist?
My hubby is getting chubby!
He takes them frozen meals and microwaves them for his lunch every day.
This is not good. So what can i change him over to that is better for him? Any ideas?
He will not eat Salad/baked potato or cold pasta (these are for girls apparently) no humous or cous cous either.
Tricky isnt it?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Can you bulk cook and freeze your own meals for him to microwave. Buy smallish containers to store them in so portion control is in place and leave out all the fatty ingredients and fillers.
I used to make my sons things like spag bol only using the smaller pasta shapes rather than spaghetti cos it makes it easier to eat out of a container. Shepherds pie, lasagna etc you can also use turkey mince instead of beef or even use quorn, stay away from the pasta sauces and use tinned tomatoes and herbs etc. They also used to take things like thick veggie home made soup with a crusty roll. Think about the things he currently takes and come up with your own version.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Soup?

You can make some fabulous home made soups which are very nutritious, add some close baked bread (no butter) and very filling.
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:06 AM
I like these food for thought ta.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 11:22 AM
I often take 'leftovers' in to microwave... risotto, spag bol, pasta bake, curries etc

Even something simple like pasta, pesto and some grilled chicken - easy to make and easy to reheat!