View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ciárna_Brighid
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2011, 12:36 AM

This Is What My Home Looks Like Right Now - Map Of Ireland!!

I am so much happier now than what I was just over a week ago. My home was horrendous!!! It was an eye sore all over. Mess every where and when you start to clean you would think you will be at it for months and there will be no end to it.
The very next day, after the workmen were finished William shampooed the carpet in the Hall, stairs and upstairs. Otherwise I would end up in hospital, or something from the allergy to concrete dust.

This picture was taken just a few days ago......
It's the shape of Ireland, LOL!!

By brightbluerose97 at 2011-07-18

Back to the Interior decorating. Just this weekend I got the walls and ceiling painted.....

Ciárna back up on the wall were she belongs and the curtains back up too...

Ciárna in the middle of it all not knowing what to think.....

and you can still make out the shape of Ireland!!!!

MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Its something to show the friends.....Its like having jesus in your marmite or something!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 06:29 AM
.... or even in your toast lol! Looks very nice, enjoy!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
Its something to show the friends.....Its like having jesus in your marmite or something!!
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
.... or even in your toast lol! Looks very nice, enjoy!
Lmao at you 2!!

it looks very nice & am sure you will have the whole house sorted in no time. Love Ciarna by the way she is gorgeous xx
Ciárna_Brighid
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Heck!! I've posted this thread in the wrong forum. I am sorry.

For those that didn't see the thread before I posted this one last night. Here it is.......

Dear Friends,

It has been a while since I last posted. I hope this post finds everyone well and in good spirits. I have been up to my eyes with working in the house.
Last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I had workmen at my house digging holes in the Living room wall, my back bedroom wall and in the attic.
If you remember I had mentioned about smoke from the coal fire going into my bedroom and setting off the carbon dioxide alarm. Well, my landlords wanted to do this work for me, so I can use the coal fire for the Winter months. Whilst the work men were doing that, digging holes I also got a back boiler put in at the back of the coal fire so I’ll get hot water. I paid for this bit myself. I really wanted a back boiler put in because I am allergic to the oil heating as it dries me up something serious.
Last week, my home became what you would see at a building site. I could’ve cried because everywhere I looked, it was black with concrete dust and coal dust.

My home is still a mess as I have still a lot more cleaning to do and once the cleaning is done then I can start to repaint the living room. I have to paint my back bedroom too.

It was not all that long ago that I had stripped the Kitchen apart because of the mice trouble I had. I had mice coming into the cupboard for about a month or more, well before it dawned unto me that I had a serious problem!!
As soon as it dawned unto me that I had a problem it was a hard job in trying to get rid of them. Once I knew they were gone I had to strip all the Kitchen cupboards and clean everything I looked at. Tiles on the wall, everything got washed!! It took me roughly three weeks to get the whole place cleaned and sterilised. I had to dump a lot of stuff that the mice destroyed and replace it all with new stuff. I was having mice droppings on my cooker and everything. It was a real nightmare.

And now this. A demolished house! Workmen are a nightmare because they just come in and take over your house and do what they want to do!!! And do what they like! They make a complete mess. No windows nor doors were closed.
Once the workmen dug out the hole above the coal fire, my bedroom and the attic they put liners in the wall so that the coal fire smoke will go up through the liners and not through the wall as it had been doing.
The workmen used large industrial drills, kango drills, a grinder, a cement mixer thing, you name it, they had it!!!

I could’ve cried when they left because every where I looked was just pure black and I swiped my finger along everything and everywhere was think with dust. I had to throw a pair of curtains out because they were destroyed. I had to pull all the curtains down in every other room to get washed and get the windows washed. Inside my drawers in the kitchen was think with black dust. All over my tea towels, dishes, everything!! I could cry because I am no where near finished yet. I still have lots to do.

When the workmen were here I took to my bed because I knew I was beginning to feel unwell. I suffer bad from Asthma and a lot of breathing problems. As a result of last week my face & eyes swelled up and I started to wheeze a lot. I did nothing but sneeze and my eyes and nose where red raw and sore. By Friday evening I couldn’t stick it anymore and I ended up having to go to the doctors on call. I am now on steroids. They are the first thing that helped me straight away.

I am allergic to perfume, scented candles, pollen, dust mites, concrete dust and of course I suffer from Asthma.
I’m feeling a lot better now since I started the steroids.

Ciárna is doing well. Behaving bad as ever but she is in good health, thank God.

I got a guy, a joiner out just over a week ago to put new fencing in the garden to keep Ciárna safe. I am glad I got it done because I feel more relaxed knowing she cannot come to any harm.

I will post pictures soon, when I have the time. Right now I am up to my eyes. This is a post to let you all know that I am still in the land of living and I will be back as soon as I can.

Have a great Summer everyone and take care!!

Love Norma & Caírna

Thanks everyone. My home went from this......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

to this.................

My new suite covered.....

new chandelier covered up......

This is my bedroom......

And poor Ciárna, bless her......

I kept Ciárna in the front room, in a crate so she wouldn't chew at anything she shouldn't. I kept her away from the workmen and when they went on their break I took her for a walk and allowed her into the front garden. She was a prisoner in her own home too, bless her. She hasn't a clue what is going on. I wish I was her right now!!!!