View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 08:11 PM

Arrrrrgh Are we ever gonna get this house sorted!

Moved here 5 years ago,after 6 months it became apparent we needed a new roof,after 12 months of complaining,catching water in buckets,calling the out of hours because water was getting in the electrics our H/A agreed and we got a new roof.
Then we get a letter stating we were due to have the whole house rewired - decorating on hold,12 months later it's rewired.

Then the floors all need boarding upstairs Job done but we still can't lay carpets because then we get a letter stating the boiler needs replacing,so floors etc need to come up - decorating on hold again
It was replaced last year

We have just completed Lizzie's room and it looks lovely, next room we wanted to do was the bathroom but hubby commented two weeks ago that the bathroom needs looking at as the tiles we starting to collaspe behind the bath and toilet And the bath is starting to rust.
I ring the H/A and they told me we had,had a new bathroom so I explained we hadn't and described the state of it,she arranged for an inspector to call.

Inspector called today and the info about we had already had a new bathroom was wrong,he said it's obvious this bathroom was fitted a long time ago and yes it does need replacing

So we obviously won't be decorating in there any time soon .
It seems we take two steps forward and three back

So we are going to decorate our bedroom and the boys whilst we wait,and hopefully downstairs again.
Just hope we don't get any more letters saying they are going to replace this or that