View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Jack Russells are not recognised by the KC. They go for £200-250 here.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Bless, and Diesel is a bad influence if Lily meets him she may never be the same again! Kiera the tiny little dog I was talking came here after being rescued by a family from someone who beat her, she was nervous, couldn't eat around people, and was too scared to leave her people on walks and other dogs were scary, after a week (owners were on holiday) she was eating next to me and the other dogs, loved ruff and tumble and went off across the fields hunting mice with Diesel, and was never the same again, so if he can turn her what could he do to a normal terrier!
Well together they could get up to all sorts of trouble! Could be a match made in hell! Oh bless Kiera! Poor little mite. Amazing what love and kindness oh and a touch of Diesel magic can do! To see a frightened dog blossom like that is one of the best things ever. The best thing would be if no dog was ever made to feel like that in the first place though. Incredible when they put their trust in you like that isn't it.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 08:04 PM
A parson russell terrier is a recognised breed with the kennel club but the average jack russell is classed as unrecognised as its more of a type than a breed. As you see from Lilypups post, 2 dogs of the same breed that look very different. As for £200. I'd say that was about average.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
A parson russell terrier is a recognised breed with the kennel club but the average jack russell is classed as unrecognised as its more of a type than a breed. As you see from Lilypups post, 2 dogs of the same breed that look very different. As for £200. I'd say that was about average.
Hmm, I'm thinking this is going to come out at one of the shows. Despite being a crossbreed, Tilly is from 2 recognised breeds. Poor old average Lily though, she's just an unrecognised type. Sob!
scotia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Regardless of the price, I'd still steer well clear if there's no mention of health tests.
A friend of my parents bought a JR about 7 years ago, didn't cost them much at the time, but he's cost them a fortune in vets bills since then for eye drops and emergency eye operation and is almost blind. Very sad for a young dog. By the sounds of it he has PLL which has a DNA test but people don't ask about health tests they just say 'well I only want a pet' - maybe so but surely they want a healthy pet
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Hmm, I'm thinking this is going to come out at one of the shows. Despite being a crossbreed, Tilly is from 2 recognised breeds. Poor old average Lily though, she's just an unrecognised type. Sob!
Lol. So you mean Tilly is more exclusive than Lily? Best not tell her. She's got a big enough head as it is! Besides, Lily could get away with being so many crosses. Jrt, border terrier, fell terrier, GSD!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3