Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 01:50 PM

£200 for JRT pup.

Anyone else think this is a bit much, granted not the most expensive I've seen, but it still shocked me a bit, I don't think much care was taken in the advert either, it simply said 'Jack russell terrier, single male 8 wks old £200' then their phone number, so its not even a ad that I would bother ringing about either, but does anyone else think thats a bit much?
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Anyone else think this is a bit much, granted not the most expensive I've seen, but it still shocked me a bit, I don't think much care was taken in the advert either, it simply said 'Jack russell terrier, single male 8 wks old £200' then their phone number, so its not even a ad that I would bother ringing about either, but does anyone else think thats a bit much?
No not really, I've seen them advertised for as much as £400...
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 01:55 PM
People will charge whatever others are willing to pay unfortunately. I wouldn't say £200 was expensive for a pedigree dog with all the applicable health tests, careful breeding lines etc. but lots of people don't bother with these yet still charge a fortune because there are plenty of people who won't do research and will happily hand over £200+ for a badly bred dog.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 01:58 PM
erm I dont think that Is tbh. I would be willing to pay that for JRT pup If I was to go out and buy one, and was happy with everything.

I paid £100 for my JRT, she was spayed, and a year old when I took her on. Through a private rescue.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Just me then although K I'm betting from this ad nothing was done pre mating and its another byb breeding for the sake of it, and its a shame when that happens the most I've seen them before as pups is £250-£300 most around £50-100 and some for free to friends, I just always thought of JRT's as cheap and cheerfull playmates and terrors
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I guess people will pay what they want. I think it depends where in the country you are for some reason as well. People would charge a fortune for small breed pups down here because that's what people want.

Are JRTs a pedigree breed now?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 02:23 PM
More of a reconised type, although the type does varie a bit
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-07-2010, 02:29 PM
What! they are not a pedigree dog? i had no idea!

leanr something new everyday
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
What! they are not a pedigree dog? i had no idea! leanr something new everyday
From what I know their origins have something to do with a milkman! If I remember right (although it was a couple of years ago I was looking at the history of the JRT) the founding bitch was brought off a milkman by the man who started breeding them and the Parson russell terrier, the parson became a breed the jrt a type. Although if I'm wrong someone else will know
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-07-2010, 02:50 PM
i dont get pedigree and all that stuff really. how long does it have to be bred to certain charictaristics befoore it becomes a resistered breed? ( i realise i wont be as simple as that)

Ahh ill just stick to my rescues no papers, little research, all the fun
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >