Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2006, 02:02 PM

shipping puppys :(

Hi Guysm

I would like to get your thoughts on this, this morning i was browseing pets classifieds, where i came across an ad saying cavalier king charles pups for sale, i noticed it was in kent,so i thought emmmphone and see what they have, anyway i phoned and i asked hi have you still got the little pups for sale,,the lady replied no sorry we dont we wont have any IN untill TOMORROW,,i said oh tomorrow how come, she said cause thats when they get shipped in,,i was too upset at the thought of this that i just hung up,,,is this legal shipping in pups to sell???? is this another classic case of puppy farming? i have tried to contact the local RSPCA but not been successful i have the phone on redial and have had for an hour now. i wish now i had stayed on the phone and asked so will these pups be seen by a vet, have they had the relavent health cheaks, where are they being shipped from etc etc etc...why oh why did i let it bother me for me to just hang up....urgg

Thanks for letting me vent,,please post your veiws on this xx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 02:17 PM
They are most likely to be brough IN from other places in the uk as its expansive to IMPORT ( meaning abroad ) sad to say it happens alot in this breed puppies sold from an address in Kent will fetch more than certain other places ..unless the pups are badly treated the RSPCA will not be interested
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2006, 02:25 PM
I have just got through to the RSPCA and they are passing it on to the inspector, i gave them the phone number and the website where i saw the add, the lady said she will get the inspector too look into it and they will get back to me,,i doubt they will do but i had to do something,,those poor pups

Hugs Loz x
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 02:32 PM
well good for you just think how many people buy these puppies
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 07:26 PM
this is so sad. pup's should not be used as money makers.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 07:30 PM
very sad.........
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2006, 10:10 AM
That is so sad i dont like the thought of pups being shipped in like my springer he comes from Ireland and you should see him he is frighted of a lot of things if they only knew what they are putting these pups through perhaps they would,nt do it but i must say i love my springer to bits he is very loveing and i am so gald to have him.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi chelsea i dont suppose these people would care even if they knew how frightened your pup was/is its just money to them ,but i will say that we had a pet shop local to us ,that if you went in for a particular breed ,that they didnt have at that time ,they would always say ,oh we can get you one by whenever,and if you wanted what used to be a docked breed they would say things like oh yes we can get you a docked pup ,asked how they would say from ireland,needless to say im pleased to tell you that that particular shop has now been closed down ,and what was found in there freezers made my hair stand on end so i wont repeat it on here ,but i will say that they should never ever again be allowed to be in charge of so much as a goldfish .
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi good for you though I doubt is the RSPCA will do anything. This is so sad its like mail order puppies, just place your order for a particular breed and we will supply.
Money ,,,money ,,,,,money,,, It makes me really sick.
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2006, 08:26 AM
I was speaking to a lady dog owner at a horse event a few weeks ago who had the most gorgeous Cavalier pup with her (bought from a local registered breeder) and she was telling me about her previous Cavalier bitch who had died a few months ago. They had answered an ad in a local paper for Cavalier pups and had travelled to Glasgow to meet the 'breeder', it turned out he had come over on the ferry from Ireland bringing a car load of pups with him and despite her misgivings she said she couldn't leave without taking one, apparently there was another lady there to buy a pup too.

Anyway, her poor Cavalier was plagued with serious health problems in her short life and cost her owner so much in vet bills, in the end they lost her at six years old, so very sad but it shows what goes on. At least she learned to search for a reputable breeder this time around, such a shame for so many pups and dogs though.