View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2005, 04:12 PM
if i give advice i try my best to give it corectley foxy hope this helps you and you understand it
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
http://www.intel.com/products/processor/pentiumm/
it is a prossesor specially for mobil technology uses less power

Oh I see Well I don't suppose I really need to take it out a lot anyway but it just bugs me when they say 3 1/2 hrs battery power and actually mean 1 hr and 20 mins, its nothing the same is it?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Oh I see Well I don't suppose I really need to take it out a lot anyway but it just bugs me when they say 3 1/2 hrs battery power and actually mean 1 hr and 20 mins, its nothing the same is it?
I learnt the same way they allways say more than it is you canīt even do anything about it but for yourīs you might be able to buy a differnt battery which does last longer but is it worth the expense they are not cheap

http://www.laptopbits.co.uk/Database...iba_Spares.htm
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi Foxy, well can't you just plug it in instead of going through all this hassle with battery power, especially to install software, you don't want it "dying" on you in the middle of installation do you? If you want to go out into the garden with it to sip your cheeky vimto or something, then use the battery? Dave always plugged his laptop in the socket when he brought it home as he was always complaining about his battery power too. I know how you feel about it, it's annoying isn't it! Find that lead and plug it in!x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Hi Foxy, well can't you just plug it in instead of going through all this hassle with battery power, especially to install software, you don't want it "dying" on you in the middle of installation do you? If you want to go out into the garden with it to sip your cheeky vimto or something, then use the battery? Dave always plugged his laptop in the socket when he brought it home as he was always complaining about his battery power too. I know how you feel about it, it's annoying isn't it! Find that lead and plug it in!x

Hiya Helen, Yes I suppose I should have plugged it in to install but I didn't know I was going to install when I had it on battery at first. I clicked on something called additional software and it told me to put the disc in (which I didn't even know that I had ) The other 3 discs that came with it had been installed already but this one hadn't so I forgot I was using the battery and just put it in and it had about 4 programs to install and died on me on the last one, although fortunately when I plugged it in again it finished off (think it was near the end anyway ) It does recommend using the battery sometimes so I thought I would just see how long it ran (which wasn't so good )

Another thing that I realised a short while ago was that yesterday I installed my fishes that I got for my birthday and as they tend to swim about a lot then I bet that used the battery up a lot (have to have a word with them and tell them to stay still to save some power or else I will eat em )

Its absolute bliss here at the moment - all three of them are out
Dan is at his mates and Laura at her Grans and Trouble (Rhianna) is at my sisters because she is playing with my sisters grandchildren who are up from Southend or should that be Saaarffend
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 05:09 PM
I learnt the same way they allways say more than it is you canīt even do anything about it but for yourīs you might be able to buy a differnt battery which does last longer but is it worth the expense they are not cheap

Thanks for that website Fred, thats very handy - I have saved it in my favourites in case I need it in the future

Yes I see what you mean about them not being cheap Ģ100 for a new battery - it would be nearly as cheap to buy a new laptop
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 05:14 PM

Just noticed on the thread you put up giving all the details on the A60, it says battery life 1.5 hrs but it definitely said 3 1/2 on the advert that I saw
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Just noticed on the thread you put up giving all the details on the A60, it says battery life 1.5 hrs but it definitely said 3 1/2 on the advert that I saw
if you find the add. print it out and it is 3 1/2 hours take it to the shop and show them i wouldnīt let it go just like that ?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 06:05 PM
if you find the add. print it out and it is 3 1/2 hours take it to the shop and show them i wouldnīt let it go just like that ?

I have been looking for it because I had it in my handbag and I must have thrown it away - it was in Thursdays Daily Mirror last week. Perhaps they have another one in this week I will have to have a look. It must have been the paper where I saw it because they didn't have any on the shelves because they had only just came into stock and the other display model had been sold according to the salesman. I showed him the advert and asked if they had any in.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2005, 06:55 PM
The key bit is the upto 3 1/2 hrs!

Using various functions will deplete the battery like CD drive etc.

Also,the batterys inside laptops are whats known as Nickel cadmium (ni-cad) which is what powers mobile phones,cordless tools etc and take atleast 6 full charges for them to achieve their full capacity.Remember though,before recharging-ensure the battery is completely flat otherwise it will condition itself to only ever holding half a charge.The first 6 charges are quite critical!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >