Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Roedtan
New Member!
Male 

21-02-2018, 09:49 PM

Advice required

Hi,

I am new to forums, so please take it easy...

Both my wife and I grew up with dogs as pets, and now having two boys, 9 & 6 yrs old, it is time to get a dog of our own. We are looking for a Small - Medium sized dog as we do not have space for a big dog. And as I will be looking after the dog during the day, I also do not want a little dog either. We do not mind much about the pedigree of the dog, as long as it is healthy.
Wanting to do the right thing, we are considering rehoming a dog. This of course comes with complications as we would like our boys to start of with a puppy as it is their first dog, and the journey with a pup for two small boys will be a fantastic experience which we do not wish to deny them.
Any advice at this point would be greatly appreciated. Such as things to consider, where to find a dog etc. We are based in the Dunmow (CM) area, so it would help if any particular organisations are relevant to this area if possible.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-02-2018, 10:09 PM
You probably need to consider a few things that might be important to you other than size, such as temperament, amount of grooming you'd be happy with, how active you are as a family etc.
Don't worry we all have our preferences.
I doubt there's a shortage of dogs in rescue looking for a home but if you want a pup, they come up in rescue too.
Roedtan
New Member!
Male 

21-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply.