Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 04:25 PM

That just bathed feeling

Much to his dismay, Max has finally had the bath we have been planning for what feels like forever. We haven't had one dry weekend here for weeks and I prefer to towel dry and let him dry naturally rather than using a hair dryer on him. We were both off yesterday and had some sun for most of the day so we seized the opportunity.

I keep stroking him thinking how lovely and soft his coat feels when it has just been washed. Any one else love the just washed feeling of their dogs?
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Did he look at you like this?

majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Gorgeous! No, if he would have looked that adorable I would have given in Max looks more indignant than anything
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Aww, I bet he looks lovely, you should have taken a piccie

Henry has his undercarriage washed every day, and is bathed before any shows, other than that he is bathed when he needs it. He always looks gleaming and smells gorgeous just afterwards, but then I take him over the park or to the woods and he dives into the bushes or rubs up against trees as he's tiddling, he soon smells of not only his own tiddle but that of dogs that have also been in the bushes
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Aww, I bet he looks lovely, you should have taken a piccie

Henry has his undercarriage washed every day, and is bathed before any shows, other than that he is bathed when he needs it. He always looks gleaming and smells gorgeous just afterwards, but then I take him over the park or to the woods and he dives into the bushes or rubs up against trees as he's tiddling, he soon smells of not only his own tiddle but that of dogs that have also been in the bushes
I know, I wished I had but it was a two person job I think Max would leave home if he got a partial bath every day but I guess it very much depends on what they are used to? Max was terrified of the water when we first got him, it has taken a really long time but he is more relaxed about his baths now. Normally Dave lifts him into the bath but this time we got a hose adapter to fit to the kitchen tap and fed it through the window. That way it was warm enough for him not to be freaked out and saved Dave's back a bit. There was even a slight wag of a tail I noted so real progress there!
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh that's brilliant that you've got him this far if he was that afraid of the water! And I bet he smells much better for it

Kia loves water of any kind - puddles, ponds, rivers and water pistols!! It's actually helped her get over some of her fears (Hali suggested that one and now we take a water pistol on most walks to distract her when she gets scared! )

But she hates showers/baths! Looks sooooo miserable. So obviously only dirty water will do!

xoxox
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah88 View Post
Oh that's brilliant that you've got him this far if he was that afraid of the water! And I bet he smells much better for it

Kia loves water of any kind - puddles, ponds, rivers and water pistols!! It's actually helped her get over some of her fears (Hali suggested that one and now we take a water pistol on most walks to distract her when she gets scared! )

But she hates showers/baths! Looks sooooo miserable. So obviously only dirty water will do!

xoxox
Thanks and yes, he smells lovely (for now!) My mum's lab is like Kia and loves water. If they go for a walk together Ollie rushes into streams and Max just stands there with a shocked look as if to say 'Nooooo'
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
Did he look at you like this?

Awwww, what a face!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:35 PM
I love it when Ted goes to the groomers he comes back all shiny and silky and he smells lovely. If only it lasted longer than one walk he usually finds some nice muddy water to splash in
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
I love it when Ted goes to the groomers he comes back all shiny and silky and he smells lovely. If only it lasted longer than one walk he usually finds some nice muddy water to splash in
bless him, maybe he doesn't appreciate his shiny look