Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I'll tell you how I do pictures on to fabric as Mother ship is not online - not sure if she does the same, but I use photo transfer paper which you print a reverse image of you picture on to & then iron it on to the fabric & peel the top off.
You can buy the transfer paper for dark or light fabrics.
The Quilt is lovely isn't it
Tilly I've found something I think is much better for some projects, cotton sheets you can actually print on directly. The pros are you don't get that kind of plasticy layer on top of your fabric and makes them easier to sew and iron. The images are not quite so bright but for a project like this the slightly washed out look was perfect. And it might just be because my printer was playing up!

You can get them from lots of websites but the cheapest I found was here...
http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/ac...le-cotton.html

Have fun!

J.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Tilly I've found something I think is much better for some projects, cotton sheets you can actually print on directly. The pros are you don't get that kind of plasticy layer on top of your fabric and makes them easier to sew and iron. The images are not quite so bright but for a project like this the slightly washed out look was perfect. And it might just be because my printer was playing up!

You can get them from lots of websites but the cheapest I found was here...
http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/ac...le-cotton.html

Have fun!

J.
That's a good idea just had a look, you could do your own printed fabric on that too though I guess it would be pricey! Can you iron over the picture do you know?
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
That's a good idea just had a look, you could do your own printed fabric on that too though I guess it would be pricey! Can you iron over the picture do you know?
You could but that would be seriously expensive fabric! And yes you can iron over the picture, which makes life soooo much easier when you are making a quilt.

J.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2011, 05:45 PM
That is so nice. If mum makes it to 100 I may consider giving it a go.

The way she is going maybe I ought to start making a start only another 9 years to go. It will take me that long.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4