Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
How lovely, what a great idea!

She looks great for her age and I just LOVE the name Nellie!
Thanks Pidge.

I love the name Nell, it was also my Granny's name, this Nell was her sister-in-law, and I seriously thought about it for my DD but the trouble with Nellie is that my Dad knows some ancient song about a Nellie who had a pimple on her belly! - Which somewhat spoils it for me!

J.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Thanks Pidge.

I love the name Nell, it was also my Granny's name, this Nell was her sister-in-law, and I seriously thought about it for my DD but the trouble with Nellie is that my Dad knows some ancient song about a Nellie who had a pimple on her belly! - Which somewhat spoils it for me!

J.
PMSL, yep that would do it!

I've thought about it too but my husband had a weirdo stalker friend who used to pet name him Neillie, so put me right off.

Nell is lovely but I like names you can shorten for some reason.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Nell is lovely but I like names you can shorten for some reason.
Just make sure you like ALL the diminutives of any name you choose! I have a Griffin because I like Griff and Finn but much to my surprise he's always been ... Griffin! I let DH choose DD's name, and to be totally honest I'm not that fond of it! So she's Fifi, which greatly amuses me because I think of it as a dog's name, but I haven't told her that!!!

Whoops! Am I allowed to go completely OT if it's my thread?

J.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Just make sure you like ALL the diminutives of any name you choose! I have a Griffin because I like Griff and Finn but much to my surprise he's always been ... Griffin! I let DH choose DD's name, and to be totally honest I'm not that fond of it! So she's Fifi, which greatly amuses me because I think of it as a dog's name, but I haven't told her that!!!

Whoops! Am I allowed to go completely OT if it's my thread?

J.
Fab names! I'm not letting my husband chose anything - ahhahaha, I'm kidding, his choices aren't bad at all, just not my favs - Layla and Jack.

I like Harriet (Harri) for a girl, and Either Hugo (Hugh) or Sebastian for a boy (Seb). Lord know what I'll end up with though as apparently everyone changes their minds once it's born.

I also LOVE Gabrielle for a boy but everyone says he be called GAY for life, which isn't too appealing.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Fab names! I'm not letting my husband chose anything - ahhahaha, I'm kidding, his choices aren't bad at all, just not my favs - Layla and Jack.

I like Harriet (Harri) for a girl, and Either Hugo (Hugh) or Sebastian for a boy (Seb). Lord know what I'll end up with though as apparently everyone changes their minds once it's born.

I also LOVE Gabrielle for a boy but everyone says he be called GAY for life, which isn't too appealing.
In hindsight I think I should have played the 'I carried it for 9 months and then squeezed it out so I get to pick!" card, I was obviously feeling all fuzzy and loved up at the time, damn those hormones!

Love Harriet! Gabrielle very hard for a boy to carry off, love it for a girl. Confess Hugo makes me think of Mr Grant. Sebastian is great, depending on where you live, may be considered posh?

We didn't change names after they were born but when Fifi was about 18 months I met a Tegwyn and wished I'd heard it sooner! Strangely everyone else, including the child in question is glad I didn't! So if I ever have another girl dog she'll be Tegwyn, Teggie for short, I think it's adorable!

Must go pick up aforementioned child from school....

J.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Okay can I ask how you you got the pictures on the quilt. I will get a book from the library, and I will give it a go.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 09:49 AM

Sebastian and Samuel were on the shortlist for the last pregnancy I lost. I always wanted a name I could shorten myself as a kid (nowt much you can do with a three-letter long name) and my plan was something I could yell the full version of at a kid if they'd really really made me cross! Fate took charge though (turned out to be twins that one) - I recurrently miscarry.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Sebastian and Samuel were on the shortlist for the last pregnancy I lost. I always wanted a name I could shorten myself as a kid (nowt much you can do with a three-letter long name) and my plan was something I could yell the full version of at a kid if they'd really really made me cross! Fate took charge though (turned out to be twins that one) - I recurrently miscarry.
Genuinely sorry to hear that and wish you all the best with it xx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Okay can I ask how you you got the pictures on the quilt. I will get a book from the library, and I will give it a go.
I'll tell you how I do pictures on to fabric as Mother ship is not online - not sure if she does the same, but I use photo transfer paper which you print a reverse image of you picture on to & then iron it on to the fabric & peel the top off.
You can buy the transfer paper for dark or light fabrics.
The Quilt is lovely isn't it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Thank you............
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >