Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Lizzy, have you ever taught your dog name response, on a food circuit?
have lost what afood circuit is in all the good debate. To be honest we have never had a problem with the bonding bit, i actually think that at some point in her breeding there is hell of a lot of cocker, and this shows in her nature, bit of a cuddle monster in the house and always has been, its just when her natural instincts kick in outside.

Heres another thought for you, i said her recall is 95% this is only when you take her for a walk if she escapes then forget it, you just have to sit and wait.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I don't wonder tbh. I have a reliable recall with all of mine and really don't see why he should achieve any less with his. Obviously these days he has staff and as far as I'm aware he doesn't claim to go alone. Even busy people make time for the things they enjoy in life and I guess he enjoys being with the dogs, I know I do, and if it was a toss up between going out with the dogs for a couple of hours or something else I'd choose the dogs. Why would anyone assume he'd be any different especially when he earns his living through dogs. I think if you look long enough and hard enough at anything you'll find fault with it if you want to.
I'm sure he's been shown on DW with his dogs offlead and them following him nicely. Perhaps I'm dreaming but I have a picture of it in my mind

I've looked for pics on google of him with his dogs and there are some with the dogs offlead. I wouldn't dare post them though, as I'd get a reminder about copyright, no doubt

ETA : I suppose a link won't hurt, if it works:

http://www.poyi.org/60/01/photos/01aedegeb02.jpg

Awwww, that Chi in the backpack, what a sweetie pie!!!!!!!!!!
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 01:57 PM
the opening credits of the program show him walking with his dogs all off lead
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Which could have been filmed anywhere, with any number of 'helpers' around...
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Yes, of course, that was the picture I have in my mind of CM with his offlead dogs
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 02:02 PM
No doubt some "anti" will say that there's some reason why CM is in control of his offlead dogs. It's always the way, even when evidence is placed before them, they will try to discredit CM in some way
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Which could have been filmed anywhere, with any number of 'helpers' around...
Well there would obviously be a film crew and all that entails but why would he need any help? You could film me doing exactly the same thing and mine and half the dog population up the park would stick with me, it's getting rid of the bu**ers I have a problem with
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Another interesting link.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/b/2009/...sar-millan.htm

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Thats abn intersting picture. Mine don't walk that close to me unless I have handfulls of titbits. They tend to want to sniff around on walks and be dogs.

No gundogs there (G)

rune
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Thats abn intersting picture. Mine don't walk that close to me unless I have handfulls of titbits. They tend to want to sniff around on walks and be dogs.

No gundogs there (G)

rune
Well, I suppose if they were around having a run about, it wouldn't really be possible to take a picture where the dogs could be properly seen. There's only so much a Photographer can do. I think the pic shows that CM has control over his offlead dogs, unless of course some think they are stuffed or sedated or something (that last comment is not pointed at you Rune)
Page 11 of 25 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »