View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh I meant to add Mini lovely picture, I met two Schnauzers the other day (first time I have ever met one in the flesh) and I was smitten. They looked a lot bigger than your girl in the picture tho.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Mini your girl is lovely

Do Schnauzers (sp?) suffer from skin problems if not clipped?

She looks very good like that anyway, and it wouldn't be fair to make an old dog stand for ages to be stripped.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Laura
Oh I meant to add Mini lovely picture, I met two Schnauzers the other day (first time I have ever met one in the flesh) and I was smitten. They looked a lot bigger than your girl in the picture tho.
I think you can get 3 sizes Laura miniature, standard and giant.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Ahh cheers Julie, I am guessing these were giant then cause they huge I was impressed by their size & build similar to the one on Crufts.

Cheers
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Am sorry i can't see why people buy a dog such as a OES and then coat all the coat off.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Not everyone "buys" a dog some of us fall in love with rescues also surely it's more about size, temperment etc than just coats ?
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-03-2005, 08:21 PM
I agree but why cut the coat???
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 08:47 PM
I think that has already been answered really - practicality and comfort being the major reasons.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Your right Julie , who is to tell another person what they should do with their dogs.....it is beyond me why people cannot just live & let live.....like I said if the dog aint being mistreated well there are a lot worse things that you could do than cut it's coat believe me and NOBODY has the right to say you should choose this dog because you choose to do that. Most important is the way the dog is treated, if the dog is treated well fed well, exercised well, loved well who are we to judge what the owner decides to do with the coat....far too many people concerned about what others do imo!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Another point I watched a programme where an old lady had a wee hairy dog I think it was a poodle. Anyway it was in the scolding heat and the dog was obviously uncomfy, the dog was taken away and clipped and afterward you should have seen the difference in the dog......now was any major crime committed? Was the dog worse off? Was the owner worse off? No so where is the problem?
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >