Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2023, 08:56 AM

Saturday 28th January 2023

Morning all. Hope you enjoy the film Kazz. My friend Margaret wanted to see it but the tickets she wanted had been sold out when she was in Eastbourne for a mini weekend break. I am still waiting for one problem to be sorted. It is a delivery from EVRI. So annoying. Anyway have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2023, 12:38 PM
Good afternoon brenda and all to follow.
We arrived back from Yorkshire late afternoon yesterday, and we had an amazing time.
Except for the bulbs on the Volvo you will not believe someone upgraded the Volvo lights from halogen to Xenon.
Only discovered as the main beam went on the way to the pub from the Dalby forest we were following Pam, Pete and the dogs.
Next day Gorden removes the bulb and with Pete drives off to somewhere they knew to get a new bulb and bingo Gorden was then told the bad news, he didn't want to mess about with wires and lose the lights completely before we left yesterday. This morning with the help of youtube he managed to remove the offending converter boxes and replace them with the proper bulb all working now properly and legal.
So one car lights downgraded and one car lights upgraded we couldn't believe it.

Sorry I haven't caught up with the news.
griff have you been into hospital and had the procedure done and now home and recovering ?
Chris I hope all is well with yourself, Dave, Gary and Rosie.
Sue I hope all is well with you and the family.
Kazz not sure what film you are going to see but enjoy it.
brenda hope you are keeping well too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2023, 01:35 PM
Welcome back Lynn. I'm fine apart from lots of thinking. Pleased to hear you got the car lights sorted.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2023, 03:28 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope ou have had a good day Brenda

Welcome back Lynn. You seemed to be doomed with the lights on your new cars. Hope now all sorted and you can enjoy driving once again.

Lovely day here after a frosty start. Cleaned my car and the windscreen again this morning and also had a go at Barry's. But until I take them out in the sun will not know if the sparkles are now completely gone and also the smearing when wet. Fingers crossed I have at last got there.Spent two hours in the garden this afternoon raking leaves off flower beds. I have a bin full and goodness knows how many bags in the garage which will have to go down the tip sometime. Just one side of the garden left to do now and then I can concentrate on cutting back bushes which didn't get done last year.

Take care everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-01-2023, 03:49 PM
Just a quick note
Just replaced the car key fob battery for the Nissan Xtrail, looks as if the CR2032 button battery that goes inside the fob lasts for about 5 years . Seems that when the fob battery is low the car doesn't recognise the signal from the key fob first time which is a good indication to replace the fob battery
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Afternoon all

Bit of sad but to be expected news this morning my Aunt (last remining blood aunt my Dads older sister) My Aunt Kitty passed away this morning at 8am she was 105 seems when we were working on 107 it was so she could start work when a girl and she simply appears to have forgotten she added 2 years LOL very peaceful and at home with her family.

Been to see the film very good but would not of been my choice although that's what happens when you all take turns with different tastes LOL enj0yed the catch up though. Did not have anything to eat browsed shops and came home. Before the pictures went to the farm shop and also got a
loaf of their brown bread really tasty and nice local bakery apparently.

Car not cleaned and won't be tomorrow either oh well Monday afternoon after work if not raining.

Just sitting chilling and waiting for dinner to cook.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2023, 04:54 PM
Brenda Hope your thinking has had a positive outcome and your delivery has arrived. Tell Margaret the film is good (not to my taste but good) we are thinking Whitney for the next one.

Lynn Glad you are back safe and sound and if the bulb is the only issue you have had maybe a good buy. Did you enjoy catching up with your friends are these the couple who do carting?

Sue Well done doing the car cleaning I failed, another run to the skip it sounds like for you and the leaves. Hope the windscreen issue is resolving even if slowly still odd though have the garage ever had other complaints after a valet post service?

Chris How are you all this fine afternoon? meet a couple out today at the farm shop called Chris and David who had a border terrier called Rosie you have doppelgängers out there LOL

Griff Hope you are well and reading if not posting.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Sue my day was going along ok until my sister turned the knife again. She really is a ? Anyway very ancient history. Have any of you found that emails and texts are not as good as chatting on the phone? I miss that. Have a good evening.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2023, 07:41 PM
Sue your windscreens sound like our lights trouble.
brenda sorry your sister spoilt your day.

We had a lovely time thank you Kazz. Volvo goes in Tuesday for the gators to be replaced with new ones and they will investigate if the sensors could turn out it needs new ones then hopefully the lights will go off.
It was lovely to drive up to Yorkshire but it really is too big (high) to get in and out of for us.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2023, 09:16 PM
Evening all

Finally, I think I'm on the mend. Coughing has eased a lot now. Still getting breathless, but not as badly

Enjoyed our morning. Breakfast at village cafe and a run on the front and, and it's a big and, I didn't need the face mask this morning and still managed to breath all the way to and from. Progress

Glad you enjoyed your time in Yorkshire Lynn. It's a lovely place, it really is

Barry, key fobs are really varied in how long they last. I've had them last 6 years and this last one was 3 years. As you say, they do tend to go hit and miss before they go altogether.

I'm really lucky with my sister. She's 10 years older than me and when I was younger she was like a second mum. Now she's my best friend

Kazz, you just tell that couple to stop copying