Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2023, 07:51 AM

Frosty Friday 20th January 2023

Morning all. Yep a little frosty this morning. Chris when going to bed and the dog is nowhere to be seen the soft shoe/foot shuffle is the answer. If on the bed then the soft patting until finding a furry thing also works wonders. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2023, 09:48 AM
Goo morning Brenda have a good day.

Yes agree set shoe shuffle is the only way. I have to do this when going from the lounge to the kitchen when dark, if Treazle wants to go out, as some bright spark put all the light switches at the opposite end of the hall!

Very cold and frosty again but luckily not had to do the school run but will this afternoon plus horse riding and sitting in the cold watching. Teazle walked and she is now tucked up under her blanket

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2023, 12:02 PM
Afternoon all
Sue, get a smart bulb that works with Alexa, you can then just ask her to turn the hall light on lol.
Brenda, we have lovely sunshine....very pleasant change!!
I have a confession....I nipped round my neighbours house in my PJ's and slippers, her daughter has COVID and Pammy has cancer so doesn't go out much....they asked us to get milk on our shop delivery so I had to nip round quickly....I have become a person who went outside in PJ's....I had my big coat on, literally chucked it in the porch and rang the bell and limped off at speed lol.
I am just about to get dressed, I am supporting a friend in court today, I can't go in but will wait for them outside
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2023, 12:15 PM
Afternoon brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Frosty here again too, I heard on the weather report it is meant to get milder over the weekend.
I'm hoping we don't get loads of rain as we don't think the drain is cleared yet, no updates from the Councillor or county council.
Gorden is over with Freya today as I seemed to have caught Freya's nursery lurgy.
I don't feel ill but have a cold and started with an achy throat last night. A) I do not want to give Freya anything on top of what she already has and B) I do not want to catch anything on top of this, I would like to go see our friends Monday for a few nights.
Freya has been prescribed cough mixture and is on antibiotics. They were advised to do a covid test yesterday due to her running a temperature but the test was clear.
I have ordered some Sambucol for children to be delivered to them later today to help build her immune system up. The vitamin liquid she is on is obviously not enough now she is mixing.
We are still thinking whether a new turbocharger, have ours reconditioned which can take time or buy a reconditioned one.
£500 with fitting for a new one and due to the cost of new headlights and bumper too it might be reconditioned.
Roman has gone very quiet and was still insisting the lights were correct. Think he changed his mind when Gorden sent a photo of the diagnostic report which included lights and mentioned it will not pass its next mot with the lights in at the moment.

brenda have you had a walk today or was it too chilly ?
Sue hope you don't get to cold at horse riding.
griff hope you are feeling well.
Chris hope the technical issues are all sorted.
Kazz hope full time work is going well.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2023, 02:36 PM
Afternoon peeps. Lynn I have been out twice for walks. I love this type of weather. Hope you feel better soon and Freya. Oo get you Kelly in your pj's.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2023, 03:28 PM
Thank you brenda beginning to feel better Freya quite under the weather.
Back to the Doctor Monday if the cough hasn't started to ease with the ab's.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2023, 07:17 PM
Good afternoon all

Lovely and sunny here this morning. Rainy this afternoon.

Tech issues all sorted thank heavens.

The soft shoe shuffle wasn't needed as she decided to come in on her own bed and have the blanket on

First thing I do when we come in from our morning jaunt is don the PJs in winter because they are a lovely thick fleecy material that are lovely and warm (big thanks to my daughter who bought me them for Christmas last year and the other pair the year before )

Aw, poor Freya and poor you Lynn. I hope you are both on the mend soon

My cough is a bit better today. I've worked out that this very cold snap is probably the problem so today I wore a mask and it is so much better this afternoon. Unfortunately, my chest has got worse since the nasty virus over Christmas so this might just turn into the new winter norm

Our hall light is at the wrong end as well Sue. After falling over Sam and breaking my ankle, the light goes on now as soon as it starts getting dark and stays on. I'm not risking that again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2023, 07:31 PM
Thank you Chris I hope the cough does one very soon and your chest doesn't suffer too much.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2023, 08:47 PM
Awww, hope Freya is soon better...you too Lynn!
Chris my PJ's are primarni....one pair are mint green with stars...I know! £9 the others are brown and tan....£11....worth every penny
Today has been spent been a good soul supporting people through court...omg, I am exhausted! Wasn't a great outcome but not an entire loss then met with the news that someone I know has attacked someone else...well 2 peeps one quite young with a hammer, a knife and had a gun, now these people mix with the old people next doors family...I shall leave it there!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2023, 09:06 PM
Quite young or not Kelly, a knife, gun and hammer should mean a lengthy prison sentence.

I'll look up Primarni. One pair of mine (the thinner of the two) is burgundy the other grey and white.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >