Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2012, 11:04 PM

You know you are a dog lover when...

Thought this could be a fun thread...!

1) people have asked you to reply truthfully, are you coming over to see them or to get a furry cuddle

2) when your friends only 30% toilet trained pup comes with her to stay a couple of nights, you turn the conservatory into a 5 star doggy bedroom, complete with water bowls, complementory chew toys, furry rug and sofa cover....even though you don't own a dog yet

3) when said friend arrives with flexi lead, you immediately offer her your `emergency` lead that you keep for mergencys, as you have heard about them going wrong.

4) you volunteer to go and let your friends dogs out and clear up pool on walks

5) you volunteer to hold the biting end when you accompany your best friends dog to the vet

6) you constantly get eyerolls when you tell people that your old dog got xmas presses, stockings, special bone, cracker, xmas dinner and doggy easter egg

7) you realize after paying your training club fees you spent more on your dogs education than your own textbooks for school

when god forbid you trust your dog to be in the care of someone else, you write an mini textbook to be followed to the latter, not unlike some pfb child

9) you insist only you or one other named person takes said dog for a walk, because you trust them

10) despite it being shot for all concerned, if and when the time comes, you control the urge to elope trans atlantic, and stroke your dog and talk to them when the time comes for them to be pts
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 12:58 AM
I know Im a dog lover when......

humans in the house are sick I tell them where the medicine is and give them a drink packing them off to bed to get better.....but when the dogs sick I stay up all night, sleeping downstairs and jumping up every minute to see to their needs.

When the dog vomit's all over my lap and I say Oh! baby tell mommy whats up, its ok Mommy is here.

When friends come round and I warn them ''not to dress up'' due to hairs

When friends say they will come to visit if I put the dogs in the kitchen......I tell them not to bother as the dogs live here.

When I don't allow anyone to take my dogs for a walk as I feel Im the only one trusted to do so.

When I ask hubby to pass me something as I don't want to disturb the dog (who asleep on or near my lap)

When I play 'round and round the garden' on the dogs belly

When I sit massaging my dogs feet

When I tell hubby to put the heater on for the dogs on a cold night
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 01:29 AM
You spend more in a year on dog toys than you do new clothes for yourself.

You spend more time in your wellies than any other footwear.

You like the smell of your dog's paws (digestive biscuits) and ears (honey)

You religiously check the ingredients lists of dog food and treats for any nasties but live on a diet of junk yourself.

When your dog pukes in a taxi and costs you sixty quid, instead of being pissed off you feel all motherly and protective.

Human suffering in films rarely makes you cry but put on Marley and Me or Homeward Bound and you're a wreck
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 10:57 AM
All of the above and..

When you drive somewhere and can't stop looking at great dog walking spots and thinking how much the dog would like it there

When you're out with friends and having fun but can't stop thinking about getting home to the dog

When you buy steaks at the supermarket and spend hours laboriously cooking them, cutting them up and freezing them to make in to training treats

Visiting a new pet shop to see what items they have brings on a sense of excitement

You want to talk about them and show pictures of them to anyone who will listen

You try to con friends in to meeting you to go on a dog walk instead of a coffee

You spend your spare time on a dog forum!
Eddie's Mom
New Member!
Female 

21-04-2012, 11:52 AM
all of the above - and...

When your dog throws up on your brand new doona and the first words out of your mouth are: it's OK baby - you're not in trouble - I know you're sick...

When your mother buys you a cushion as a housewarming present and it reads:
No outfit is complete without dog hair...

When you display said cushion in prominent view...

When your front door-mat reads: Love me - Love my dog

When you contemplate taking a day off work to spy on the dog-walker...

When you contemplate installing a nanny-cam to spy on the dog-walker...

When you issue said dog-walker with a bound file that has Emergency Action Plans to cover any potential crisis...

When you're big enough to admit that said dog-walker has skills that you don't and you realise that your dog's life is enhanced and enriched by people OTHER THAN HIS MOM!

When you've spend the equivalent of a second-hand car on vet bills for your dog and you wonder if you've done enough...
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Lol at this thread, was ticking them off as I went.

To add

When looking at places to buy/rent, one of the first things you say, is the dogs will love it here.

And top of the location priority list, are walks for the dogs and where the closest vets is.
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2012, 12:19 PM
When your dog has to go for invasive surgery, you ask what uni they went to and what marks they got in their modules (I just didn't want someone operating on my dogs throat to have a compensatory pass....in dogs throats)

When your dog goes in for surgery, you double check the surgeon would would do it on his own dog...

When your dog goes in for his boosters you ask them for info on potential side effects before the jab...and your mum goes good on you that's what i did when you were little

Whilst other students are out partying, you and your oh are sitting watching intently at clicked training you tube channels, whilst you explain the principles of operant conditioning...

When you go for a walk in the park, you go dog spotting instead of people watching

When you have said picnic in park and a dog tries to nab food off you, instead of getting arsey you giggle and comment you still have the reflex from owning a labrador for thirteen or so years

Your oh accuses you of hiding food from him because food is placed on high surfaces or secure cupboards, read above as habit still exists

When your dog aged 11 starts to try his look and snuggle on the old furniture, as soon as anyone complains you say, well he's nearly 80 in dog years, don't you think he deserves the finer things in life?
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Every single one of those

and when you can't leave the dogs and pay over the odds for holidays so you can take them with you.

My daughter went to her partners parents for the weekend and came back saying that she couldn't believe that her mother was worse than me with her dogs
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 12:40 PM
When your walking along and say 'Ooo he's nice', your friend goes to look at the man, only to discover you're talking about the dog

When you rubberneck in the car to check out dogs

When you play guess the breed game out and about with yourself
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 01:01 PM
and you know you have really cracked it when your non doggy husband sits on the bean bag because the hounds looks so comfy on the sofa !

when friends see you on the odd occasion with no dogs in tow and the first question is where are the dogs ?

when you tuck them in on cold nights to make sure the skinny hounds stay warm under their blankets

when you have the edge of the sofa and they have the rest

when your grown up children post their status on a well known social networking site as 'I have to bark or grow a fur coat to get attention in this house !'
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >