View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 07:23 PM
My two will go out but just for short ones, unless I take them to the river then they just love it! I don't have a choice really they won't widdle in the garden!
Pickles doesn't seem to mind the heat at all, but the this is the first time I've stripped his coat so he's probably feeling much better this year!
Woody is struggling now with the heat, but then he is an oap!
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox
Hubby has just taken mine out for a short walk...... i dont worry to nich about them going out in this heat.

I get so mad when i see people draging there dogs around it the middle of the day in this heat.

We were in Wales at the weekend, at our caravan, and it was very hot, a lady walked past about 11 am with a goldie puppy been on the beach , the puppy was knackered and just dropped by my van..... dam me did`nt i see her later on about 2pm and it was a lot hotter, coming back from the beach again with the poor pup. Apart from the fact that it was far to much exercise for a 6month old , the poor pup could just about drag itself along, some poeple just have no idea.
Thing is, if they are on holiday they only have the choice of taking the dog with them or leaving it in the car
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 08:03 PM
We walk at 4.30am I leave for work at 5.30am. Then about 10'ish.
In the daytime they are either in the kitchen (on the ceramic tiles) with the fan going. Or under the recently brought Gazzebo (for the dogs) or the sun brolly.

Karen
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 08:26 PM
The head in the mud was a clear example of how she felt. Not sure about my new mud splattered wallpaper look, might catch on do you think?
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Early morning, late night here
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 09:38 PM
mine hate the heat ... i spend most of the day with cool wet towels......... do not walk in the heat at all
craig
Dogsey Junior

14-07-2005, 08:42 AM
yup i dont walk my dogs in the day in this weather but in the early morning (6am) and in the evening (8pm)
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2005, 10:10 AM
I've been leaving it til about 9pm before walking Poppy. But the other evening it was still quite humid at that time so we only did a short walk not our full walk, but even then she played me up something chronic the whole way there and back! We had puppy class on Tuesday evening and it was so hot in the community hall, she kept barking to go out and I thought she needed a wee, but every time OH took her out, she laid on the grass under the tree and won't move, hubby ended up carrying her back in. I had to sit and watch the trainer and Poppy would be brought back in when it was our turn to do the exercises!!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 11:37 AM
dont need to worry today the heavens have opened up here, the cats are looking out of the window as if they have never seen rain before. The dogs are still lolling around indifferent to what the weather is doing. No pleasing them sometimes.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 01:09 PM
In the heat I always take Jake out very early morning and late evening.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >