View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 05:45 PM

OMG! Now did you follow the letter of the doggy bible and not say one word to him about it (because unless you catch him in the act he won't understand what you are annoyed about?) or display any anger or shout at him? I don't think I'd have ben able to stop myself!

I guess you need to go out and buy some more food for yourselves now (not him).
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 06:24 PM
What a naughty boy. Hope he does not get you up all night. Cleaver boy though.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Oh dear I am sat here thinking the odd sleeve tugging, barking at visitors for attention and humping the builder who came to do a quote for us today is maybe not so bad after all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oh dear I am sat here thinking the odd sleeve tugging, barking at visitors for attention and humping the builder who came to do a quote for us today is maybe not so bad after all.
Indeed! Count yer blessings and all that lol!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm not sure I would take it so well although on occasion theydo so much you have no choice but to think ............"at least I have X Y Z still standing untouched"
But on the up side if he is that sort of mood anything if you had left him in the room with Tonks he may have eaten her.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmm not sure I would take it so well although on occasion theydo so much you have no choice but to think ............"at least I have X Y Z still standing untouched"
But on the up side if he is that sort of mood anything if you had left him in the room with Tonks he may have eaten her.
Yes! Imagine if Catrin came back and all that was left was the 'collar of shame'

This is the same dog that ate the carpet a little while ago isn't it? And busted several dog crates up?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 07:02 PM
I agree with you... I'd have been sooooo MAD. I try hard not to shout at the dogs when they do something annoying, but I highly doubt I'd have been able to reserve it this time.

I think the thing is that she knows her own dog and gets less mad because he's a renowned troublemaker. Also, in her case... she has the saintly Tonks to ensure her that not all dogs are troublemakers lol.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Naughty naughty boy
Gallon of plonk in order me thinks
Counting to 10 not going to help ,or make that 1000
Bread and dripping for tea tonight
Hope you have plenty of poooo bags or a clothes peg handy after that little lot
He had no tea at all....and thee was no way poo bags could have dealt with what came out the other end.
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
REMUS!!!!
How do you know it was him?I mean another dog could have broken in,maybe an evil fairy or wicked witch? Where's the evidence that it was Remus,seriously unlikely in my opinion?....
Yeah right!
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Oops naughty Remus shouldn't laugh, (which I know if it had been Rosie, I would probably not been laughing)
Naughty step for her then, hope you managed to get the egg up
Well he was marched to his crate to keep him out of the way while I tidied up. No change getting the egg out of the carpet he must have cracked each one then licked each one out carefully......while it was soaking to the carpet. Thankfully the rug is about 20 years old and second hand so it will be going up the tip tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Bet he doesn't show an ounce of shame!
Well he had is best appeasement face on.
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
What a "little" monster!
At least you won't need to feed him for a week now
Believe me I've been very tempted not to!
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
LOL!!! I'm sorry but that's a funny story.

I left Nigredo in my room by himself for the first time a while ago and he ripped up my carpet (apparently trying to get out) but I can leave him to free roam the house and there aren't any problems.

Main difference here is that I never leave Jade and Nigredo alone together. They don't get along super well, and though I highly doubt there will be any issues... there isn't a point in taking a chance.

I left Jade to free roam the house once (my mother doesn't trust her around her cat so this is hardly allowed) and she drank a huge bowl of water for NO reason.

I mean it was over a gallon, the water bowl they share is huge. Then peed ALL over the floor, in the den, in the dining room, I mean ALLLLL over the place (apparently nervous), and crunched the remote into pieces. In her crate, no issues at all.

I hope everything is okay, I'd have been livid! Remus is slightly older than Nigredo, if I can recall properly... but that is puppy behavior if ever it existed.

Oh, well. Dogs will be dogs, right?
Unfortunately it will probably be with him right into adulthood as it's more about separation anxiety rather than puppy behaviour. He's very sporadic with it and can do fine for weeks, months even and then go through a spate of not coping being left. Hormones seem to be laying a big part in it at the moment.

Originally Posted by Tang View Post

OMG! Now did you follow the letter of the doggy bible and not say one word to him about it (because unless you catch him in the act he won't understand what you are annoyed about?) or display any anger or shout at him? I don't think I'd have ben able to stop myself!

I guess you need to go out and buy some more food for yourselves now (not him).
Yes......after I'd shouted FFS Remus!!!! Usually I tidy up whatever has happened and say nothing about it, and I usually I ignore them when I come home initially as well.
Originally Posted by Darcy Boy View Post
What a naughty boy. Hope he does not get you up all night. Cleaver boy though.
Only twice, but he did manage to wake Merryn up at 2.30 shaking his head and wailing noisily right outside her door. I couldn't see what he was doing in the garden but I most certainly could hear the explosive diarrhoea.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oo yes count your blessings!
Yes I did try to be grateful he hadn't done too much damage to the door frame. Usually they both climb into the crate and cuddle up together....well Tonks gets in the crates and then Remus climbs on top of here and goes to sleep.

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Yes! Imagine if Catrin came back and all that was left was the 'collar of shame'

This is the same dog that ate the carpet a little while ago isn't it? And busted several dog crates up?
Yes he's the crate buster....did he chew the carpet? I'm not sure. He did rip up my cheap road map rug in the playroom I think. He only does little things but thinking about it all it's probably a couple of hundred pounds worth of damage since we've had him. He is now muzzled in the boot of the car because he chews the boot. The funny thing is that he need ever chewed a thing when we first got him, even though he had separation anxiety, I supposed he roiled the blankets etc he was left with, he had such weak jaws that if you saw him with something in his mouth you had a while to get it back before he'd done any damage. If Tonks picks something up she can demolish it in one crunch. With Remus the chewing started the second his back teeth came through..and hasn't stopped, presumably they're still moving around.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
He had no tea at all....and thee was no way poo bags could have dealt with what came out the other end.

Yeah right!

Well he was marched to his crate to keep him out of the way while I tidied up. No change getting the egg out of the carpet he must have cracked each one then licked each one out carefully......while it was soaking to the carpet. Thankfully the rug is about 20 years old and second hand so it will be going up the tip tomorrow.

Well he had is best appeasement face on.

Believe me I've been very tempted not to!

Unfortunately it will probably be with him right into adulthood as it's more about separation anxiety rather than puppy behaviour. He's very sporadic with it and can do fine for weeks, months even and then go through a spate of not coping being left. Hormones seem to be laying a big part in it at the moment.

Yes......after I'd shouted FFS Remus!!!! Usually I tidy up whatever has happened and say nothing about it, and I usually I ignore them when I come home initially as well.

Only twice, but he did manage to wake Merryn up at 2.30 shaking his head and wailing noisily right outside her door. I couldn't see what he was doing in the garden but I most certainly could hear the explosive diarrhoea.

Oo yes count your blessings!

Yes I did try to be grateful he hadn't done too much damage to the door frame. Usually they both climb into the crate and cuddle up together....well Tonks gets in the crates and then Remus climbs on top of here and goes to sleep.

Yes he's the crate buster....did he chew the carpet? I'm not sure. He did rip up my cheap road map rug in the playroom I think. He only does little things but thinking about it all it's probably a couple of hundred pounds worth of damage since we've had him. He is now muzzled in the boot of the car because he chews the boot. The funny thing is that he need ever chewed a thing when we first got him, even though he had separation anxiety, I supposed he roiled the blankets etc he was left with, he had such weak jaws that if you saw him with something in his mouth you had a while to get it back before he'd done any damage. If Tonks picks something up she can demolish it in one crunch. With Remus the chewing started the second his back teeth came through..and hasn't stopped, presumably they're still moving around.
And after all that you still love him.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2013, 06:47 PM
OK scratch the carpet off his charge sheet - don't want to make him sound worse than he is!

You will laugh about this one day (that's assuming he ever grows out of it!)

You need a small containment room. Akin to what boarding kennels house them in. Was going to say a padded cell. But he'd eat the padding!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >