Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 07:39 PM

Any suggestions?

Little AMBER got spayed yesterday. She had come into season early! She came home complete with a Buster collar which she detests & is very frightened of. She has repeatedly got it off. Ive ordered a "comfy collar" which should come tomorrow. Anyone any ideas meantime. Once the collar is off, she wont leave the wound alone
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 07:48 PM
hi

... i take it amber is a cat?... poor girlie
....the collar is comming off because it is not tight enough,i know it looks horrible but most cats do not like them at first and do all sorts of things that tug at our heartstrings...and it works
....the collar needs to go back on if she will not leave the wound alone.. cruel to be kind...you can only spay once
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 08:00 PM
With dogs I use a t-shirt, taped up at the flappy end. You could adapt a very small one I suppose?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi

... i take it amber is a cat?... poor girlie
....the collar is comming off because it is not tight enough,i know it looks horrible but most cats do not like them at first and do all sorts of things that tug at our heartstrings...and it works
....the collar needs to go back on if she will not leave the wound alone.. cruel to be kind...you can only spay once
Yes Amber is a kitten, far too young to be in sason but thats nature for you. We hadnt intended to have her spayed before Dec. Shes had it on now a few hours. Hope the Comfy collar is better for her. I think vets should thinknagain about how effective these Buster collars are. I know other types are more expensive but many owners like myself would willingly pay the extra.

Ironically on the info sheet gven home it
says the collar must remain on for 14 days. Then it goes on to say that cats should be kept in for a few days. Who would let their cat out with a Buster collar on!

ClaireDaisy- did wonder about clothing but would have nothing that small, shes just 19 weeks
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Yes Amber is a kitten, far too young to be in sason but thats nature for you. We hadnt intended to have her spayed before Dec. Shes had it on now a few hours. Hope the Comfy collar is better for her. I think vets should thinknagain about how effective these Buster collars are. I know other types are more expensive but many owners like myself would willingly pay the extra.

says the collar must remain on for 14 days. Then it goes on to say that cats should be kept in for a few days. Who would let their cat out with a Buster collar on!

ClaireDaisy- did wonder about clothing but would have nothing that small, shes just 19 weeks
People who enjoy their animals being laughed at?

And maybe go to mothercare and get a small baby shirt?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post

... what stoopid po advise!! she shouldnt really be let out until her stitches are out..there are internal ligatures that need time to heal.
...cats can be a bit bothered if the stitches are a bit tight..would she let you look?.
the collar will at least take her mind off her stitches till the new one comes tomoz.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post

... its not laughable,its dangerous!!

.. re clothing..cats are houdini's and may get tangled unsupervised ,you also want air to get to the wound.(but i did know some rexs that wore baby grows in the winter)
....cats heal real quick tho
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2010, 09:35 PM
As has been said, cruel to be kind, buster collar on and leave her be. Always found speyed queens can also be drama queens,a nd the more you try to make them stop being iffy about it all the more they act up! Obviously lots of cuddles and attention needed to make puss feel better, but not when they are protesting She will be right as rain before you know it!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post

Very good idea but i'm scared to leave her in case she gets the collar off & gets at her wound again.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Does she really need the collar?? None if mine had one as the did more harm than good
ATD x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >