View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pete
Almost a Veteran

02-12-2004, 09:55 PM

hints and tips plz

right i am strugglin with codys standin for some reason he likes his back legs to be out stretched (ill stack him and then hell move them out),also when someone goes over him he can get very excited and start wantin to play i know hes still a pup and i get as many people to go over him as i can but i wondered if anyone had anymore tips for standin him.
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2004, 09:58 PM
JAYNE !!! you are needed

sorry Pete, i am starting out too, so i would be the last person able to give you advice (its Jayne you need or Diane )
jayne
Dogsey Senior

02-12-2004, 11:14 PM
HELLO... right pete try this lol... here we go... wen you stand cody use one hand to hold him by underneath his collar(thumb and finger thru collar)if you have control ov his head like this then he shudnt move too much...the min you let his head move then all ov him will move... and with your other hand rest this across his thighs ...dont push down to hard but just enough so he can feel your hand there like kinda your thumb at one side and your finger at other like an arch with your thumb n finger over his thighs/waist area...thats wen there going over him....main thing to remember is...hes a puppy and there allowed to be like this...i hate pups that stand for ages like toy soldiers...by time they go in junior there peed off and hate shows.....if hes naughty just stay calm...never ever loose your temper with him...just take a deep breath and start again...weve all been there and still happens to best ov us lol...well if you dont understand any ov this ill show you sunday wen i see you...just find me a naughty pup lol....hope ive been ov some help
pete
Almost a Veteran

03-12-2004, 07:41 AM
hi jayne thnx for the tips ill explain in more detail all my probs on sunday then,sorry for bein a pain in the bum ,but i just dont have the experience and i wanna get the best out of him and not make a dickhead out of me self lol
jayne
Dogsey Senior

03-12-2004, 10:55 AM
no problem...i love to help....weve all been there...xxx
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Enjoy yourself Pete thats the main thing
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Jayne
whats the best way to keep a pups head still in the line up ? I find that if I hold her head under the chin it detracts from her front
if I dont hold her head/chin she wont stay still
jayne
Dogsey Senior

03-12-2004, 10:47 PM
right lel here we go ...firstly remember pups can misbehave....im not too good at explaining in writing...will try best then show you wen see you....9 times out ov 10 if you have control ov the head then the rest ov the body shudnt move...i find finger and thumb thru the collar under the chin the easiest wayso that the neck is resting kinda on your wrist/and hand... or as she gets older and more confident.....try this....feel under her neck..sort ov were head joins neck...like where they wud choke....if it were us it wud be our jaw bone...prob feels same on her...you need to have the collar quite tightly pulled up under there...hoping your right handed...hold collar in middle between ear area keeping it tight under jaw ...and hold this way...this leaving you your left hand to hold/move her muzzle shud she want to look away ...ill see if i have any pics ov me standing them this way so will give you rough idea ... coz i think ive confused myself trying to put actions in to words lol... jayne
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Jayne got you email and the pics- thanks
jayne
Dogsey Senior

04-12-2004, 06:27 PM
your welcome lel...hope you could see wot/how i was trying to type lol...by looking at pics...will show u wot i mean at nxt show...xx