Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
im pretty sure if a vote isnt used it goes to the winning party. so all those who didnt vote last time around gave labour their vote.
The result is determined by the percentage of people who vote. So if 10% of the population ote, the result is based on the 10%.

I'll never vote Labour because of the student loans - Blair lied to me!!!!!! Won't vote Tory because I'm a working class, northern lass. I'll be voting Lib Dem because I like their policies.

I have a t-shirt that has a picture of George W. on the front doing a peace sign and underneath it says 'I bet you'll vote this time hippy!' It bugs me that people don't use their vote then complain about who gets in power
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I'm probably on my own here but who cares, I have always voted conservative and see no reason to change.
I'm with you! My Step-Dad, who has always voted labour in his 70 years of life has said that he would never vote labour again - that Labour is not the Labour it used to be.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't think I would bother to vote, they are all the same and only out to line thier own pockets.
I think I should be voted in, the first thing that would happen would be a law change regarding people abusing animals and god help them then.
I wouldn't be out to line my own pocket either and all politicians and overpaid footballers etc would be taking massive pay cuts to help fund things to get this country back into shape and make everyone better off.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post

I have a t-shirt that has a picture of George W. on the front doing a peace sign and underneath it says 'I bet you'll vote this time hippy!' It bugs me that people don't use their vote then complain about who gets in power
I want that t-shirt
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Bugs me the amount of people who don't vote,then moan .

I have never voted Labour nor Tory and never intend to xxxxxx
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2008, 09:03 PM
I think by law everyone should vote.

I also think if you don't vote, you have no right to complain.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Briard Lover View Post
I think by law everyone should vote.
should only be compulsory if you can also spoil your ballot
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I don't think any vote that is used is wasted.
When I think of what some women went through to get me the vote, I would be ashamed not to use it.

I always look at where each candidate lives as well as their policy - I don't like the way some politicians get "given" so called safe seats.

Sometimes though it does feel like I am choosing the lesser of the evils.
Hear hear! I absolutely abhor not voting when you consider that some women put their lives on the line to allow us the right to vote. I always ask people that don't vote how they'd feel if they were told they couldn't have a say in who runs the country!

Although I agree with Krusewalker in that I'm not sure which of the three Conservative parties to vote for, but I'll still find someone to vote for!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2008, 10:34 PM
But in my opinion A vote is a persons right to choose, so if that person chooses not to vote that imo is ok.

I belive forcing people to vote would allow partys/groups he have no right standing the chance to gain seats at both local and national levels as people will decicde none of the main partys deserve their vote and vote for a no-runner so to speak and votes like that would soon mount up.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
But in my opinion A vote is a persons right to choose, so if that person chooses not to vote that imo is ok.

I belive forcing people to vote would allow partys/groups he have no right standing the chance to gain seats at both local and national levels as people will decicde none of the main partys deserve their vote and vote for a no-runner so to speak and votes like that would soon mount up.
I totally disagree, given that in the not too distant past women died to allow women the right to vote (I'm certainly not talking about forcing people to vote), but to choose not to is very disrespectful to them imo. Democracy is a very important thing and I think it's vital to remember how lucky we are that we're allowed to choose in the first place. Being complacent, by choosing not to vote, can lead very quickly down the slippery slope to dictatorship, if you don't bother to choose, then someone else most certainly will and I for one don't want to live that scenario out! Although some poor souls in this world already are.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >