register for free

Dog News

'Grace' the loyal labrador to be reunited with owner

The labrador who was found lying next to her dead companion in a busy road in La Puente looks set to be reunited with her owner. After a motorist placed cones around the dogs, the two-year-old labrador - named Grace by shelter staff but actually called Maggie - was taken to Baldwin Park Animal Care Centre and put up for adoption. She had no name tag and was not microchipped, but has since been spayed and microchipped by the shelter.

Although there was much interest in adopting Maggie, it was announced earlier this week that her owner had come forward, hoping to take her home. Animal control officials who inspected the owner's home said they found it a safe environment for Maggie. However, by late afternoon on Tuesday, while local television crews waited for hours in the parking lot hoping for an interview, the owner had not yet arrived.

Staff at the centre confirmed that Maggie could stay there for up to ten days if the owner pays the $18 a night boarding fee. However, first on the list to adopt Maggie before the owner came forward was one of the men who found her, and sixty-four-year-old Robert Perdomo has reportedly offered the owner $400 if he can keep her, saying he “just wants to make sure she goes to a good home”.

Maggie's owners may face citations for having an unregistered dog.

The identity of the other dog is unknown.

Watch an interview with officials here (before the home inspection):

Read the original story here:

http://www.dogsey.com/dog-news.php?t=167199

Update: Maggie has been reunited with her owner.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_20...ased-companion

Your comments and views:
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2012, 04:11 PM
I do hope the rescuer can adopt maggie! Its taken how long for the owners to come forward........ I hope this hero guy with the traffic cones gets to give her a nice forever home.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Personally I hope the rescuer adopts her sounds to me like he is a person that will really take care of her xx
Johnclick
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Wonderful dog and wonderful human who rescued her.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top