View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Oh I am not getting into this... I think it is cruel either way so you wont convince me. Yea I understand all the pro's but I still think it is cruel. imo
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Oh I am not getting into this... I think it is cruel either way so you wont convince me. Yea I understand all the pro's but I still think it is cruel. imo

I am with you and Helena on this
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tan's mum View Post
well just the set the fox in the chicken coop.......
i am a pro, i find foxes a downright nuisance we lose chickens and lambs to the ******s and we need a humane way of getting rid of them, but think of it this way: when a dog catches a fox the fox is dead before it hits the ground, if a farmer shoots it how do we know this? also what happens to the hunt pack?
Not when it's gone to ground They drag it out with their teeth, the whole pack, seen it with my own eyes unfortunately The very WORST part for me was the sheer excitement of this girl galloping up to the master to tell him the fox had gone to ground and the terrier man was on his way there That's when I gave it all up Up until that point in time, we hadn't ever seen a blooming fox, it was all for the fun of the ride, not the chase, coz we never saw one which pleased me immensely, but I never let on about that bit!!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:51 PM
I know I have only seen on fox hunt and they ripped the poor thing to shreads. It's the chase a well that annoys me. The poor fox is soooo scared and exhausted by the time they catch it Call that sport? no way
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:54 PM
What did make us laugh one day when we accidentally came across a hunt whilst out on a drive, we stopped the car to take a look at them galloping along the back edge of this field, and as I looked to my right hand side, sitting there in the ploughed field watching it all was......... THE FOX!!!! pmsl coz they were all going in the OPPOSITE direction!!! Says it all really!!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
What did make us laugh one day when we accidentally came across a hunt whilst out on a drive, we stopped the car to take a look at them galloping along the back edge of this field, and as I looked to my right hand side, sitting there in the ploughed field watching it all was......... THE FOX!!!! pmsl coz they were all going in the OPPOSITE direction!!! Says it all really!!!!
clever fox....well done
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:05 PM
of course it hasn't done anything they still do it!

my sister is involved with Viva! & Others and she knows of all the protests etc and hunting sabotages and there are still hunts going on!!

i still do not get it, get on a horse, pack of dogs, chase a fox kill it....yeh sounds like a great day out

and if anyone says that it is exercise for the horse and dogs....well they could still do all of that...without the fox!
red collar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Do you think the ban on hunting with dogs has worked in your area?
I'm pro hunting, but more of a 'one man (or woman in this case) and a lurcher' than following a mounted hunt.

As long as you have the landowner's permission and stick to rabbits and rats that is still legal and therefore has not been affected by the ban at all.

Everyone has their own opinions. Sometimes they are based on knowledge and sometimes not but in several years of discussing hunting on different forums I have only ever seen a handful of people change their minds, whether pro to anti, or anti to pro.

That's why I don't tend to get drawn into discussions about it now.

As for the mounted hunts, I'm sure they are acting well within the law when they exercise the hounds.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Still going on down here I think....whether they catch foxes I don't know...but they are still out riding.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:15 PM
The Hunt still ride out up here and catch foxes/hares etc - of that I have no doubt I am anti-hunting for the most part ... although I do sometimes wonder whether the foxes were better off when hunting were legal. Often on farmers land or managed sporting estates, foxes wouldn't be shot and would be left for the hunt. However, it is a pretty well-known fact that hunting wasn't an effective method of fox control and so many more foxes would get away.

I love foxes - they are one of my favourite animals. Many people up here find it very strange that a shepherd's wife loves foxes However, my husband has never really had a big problem with foxes taking lambs in any of the areas he has worked - and I think some farmers use foxes as an excuse for poor husbandry

Living where I do, I often lie in bed at night watching the gamekeepers lamps flashing around on the hills around my home - and I dread hearing the crack of the rifle
Page 2 of 94 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 > Last »