View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Mine sleep in the bedroom but not on the bed. Skye and Wisp sleep on the floor at my side, Max and Flynn on OH side on the floor. During the night Flynn will move to the landing and Wisp to the bottom of the stairs.

I used to have a JRT that started the night on the bottom of the bed but always finished up with his head on the pillow and his body tucked into the back of my neck. If I had moved I would have quashed him!!
Tan's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
It's a not for me too I'm afraid. Doggy hairs in the bed would make me creep all night long. And anyhows what happens when me and Oh are haviing a "loving moment" as you do. We did this once on the sofa (sorry too much info) and Ben just sat and stared and stared at a certain part of OH anatomy. put him off OH not Ben
yes sorry to lower the tone further but Tan launches himself into the middle of me and my O/H thinking we are playing, the more we shove him off the more excited he gets we have to shut him out the room now but i have an open plan house-my only internal door is the bathroom so he gets locked in there!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 01:29 PM
we have open plan too so Ben goes in the hall now Oh and make sure the blinds are down on both sides of the house nuff said
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Mine sleep on the bed, but if they were prone to moulting a lot they probably wouldn't!
Ella normally sleeps on my feet, and Roux cuddles in next to me, although some nights he climbs over me and gets in between myself and my OH The dogs respect that OH and I are boss of the bed and they usually wait for an invitation before getting up, unless I'm already in bed reading!
Tan's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
we have open plan too so Ben goes in the hall now Oh and make sure the blinds are down on both sides of the house nuff said
lol the joys of no neighbours!
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 02:33 PM
We got into a nasty habit on weekends of letting ours out for a wee and then letting them come upstairs and sleep on the bed for a bit so we could lie in for a bit. Fred's fine, curls in a ball on the bottom of the bed, bud lardy Mya has to lie inbetween us, spread out and then finally almost edge us out of the bed so that was that. No more bed snuggles They have a cover on the sofa and stay there until we get up. They are not getting up as early now the dark mornings have started
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2008, 05:55 PM
betty my mastiff used to sleep on the bed...id wake up in the middle of the night with either no duvet...or falling off the bed ! but since having lisa the cat she sleeps on her own bed in my room...as she is frighted of the cat which sleeps on the bed!
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I used to let one of my whippet's sleep with me, but she couldn't get in and out of the duvet by herself so would wake me up every 30 minutes wanting me to help her My son's jack russell sleeps with him and my daughter's chihuahua x sleeps with her. I let them out for wee's last thing at night and then usually sneak the little chi into bed with me Daughter (7) usually comes through in the middle of the night and climbs in with me anyway So a definate yes for me Beds get vacuumed and bedding washed very regularly, so can't see a problem.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Definately not...Never have and never will. My dogs are part of the pack, not part of the family and therefore the kitchen door is their limit. I dont share my whole house with the dogs, nevermind a bed.

I've seen the state their own bed gets in, why on Gods earth would I want my bed looking like that? I want my dogs to know that it's my house and they should feel lucky they are in it, not feel as if it's their birth right to wander around freely or lounge all over my furniture because then I feel they would start to take the mickey.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Pharaoh was such a tiny shivery little thing and he had the most awful nightmares. I just had to cuddle him up under the duvet and snuggle him all to sleep... Of course now the great leggy lumox still thinks this is is his divine right and cries so pitifully if you don't let him up. We have a throw on the bed which he sleeps under now so that he is not actually IN the bed with us... Unless it's really cold or there's a thunderstorm, or he has nightmares...

Fortunately neither Selkie nor Kismet have the slightest interest in the bed
Page 6 of 45 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »