Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
Ruby and Onyx as they are both precious stones and both the dogs are extremely precious to us.
Max, Jess and Skye came to us with those names and it wouldn't of been fair on them to change their names so late in life.
Awwww :smt001
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Alfie is Alfie because Harvey wanted to call him Stuart i wanted Clyde and OH wanted Alpha so he became Alfie (only name we could agree on)

Daisy was originally called Brandy and we wanted something she would get used to easily,We all liked Daisy .

Diva is Diva because she is a right 'madam' at times,being a singleton pup she has figured out how to get exactly what she wants from Alfie and Daisy and is very vocal if she's not best pleased about something Although we call her DeeDee alot as its cute just like her
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Kaiyuktaq (Kaiy) = Native Inuit for Red Wolf or similar

Seku = Native Inuit for Ice Glacier
those are lovely names, especially Kaiyuktaq,

I was considering Seku, but in the end chose Sapphire as she has brilliant blue eyes. Her pedigree name is Inuk Amarok which I think means something like 'Inuit wolf'

and I have Talli, which I think is a native american name
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Aw, lovely names, my old dogs were named;
Sam after my dad's uncle and Tess, after Tessa Sanderson winning Olympic gold, yes we got her early '85....
Jamie, my own dog was named after Jamie Redknapp and Jamie Draven
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Since Jed is technically my OH's dog, he named him. He said he'd always wanted a BC called Jed, not sure why that particular name but it's simple and typically collie.

Of course, me being me had to search many internet sites to find a name that actually grabbed my attention. I chose Flynn after long deliberation of my shortlist!

Since he's a cross between a German breed and a Slovakian breed, I couldnt choose something from those languages and I didnt want the kind of name that every other dog owner on the park was shouting.

Apparantly it's Gaelic and means "ruddy, red headed" which is quite apt actually since he has a ginger streak on his head!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Snip - After the marking on a horse's muzzle, as he had one too!
lazydaisy71
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Karla - she had this name when we rescued her and didn't want to change it.

Before her i had Jamie - R.I.P. (wasn't allowed to call my first son Jamie but the dog, i love this name)

and Buffy -R.I.P. , but she wasn't a slayer she was more like a little demon, lol. But cute
Flynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Bit boring but all our family pets were named after Irish names (Finbar, Murphy, O'Leary, Kate (!), Jack) So i thought i would stick with tradition and go for Flynn.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Angel - (After the vampire) I was a big fan of the series and for a long time he did live up to his name!

Misty - Just because it was a name I liked.

Dita - After Dita Von Teese (fetish model and burlesque dancer), it was an ongoing joke that all the dogs from her kennel were lil slappers and she needed a name to suit, also I'm a big fan of Marilyn Manson and Dita Von Teese is his wife.

The girls registration names are x-men themed having Mystique and Shadowlands Lady Deathstrike!
jorjamae1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Well i had to have a good look around for names when we got our first puppy as we didn't know what to call her, eventually we named her Nova (which means new star)
Then we got our rescue dog and he was called Goliath but it just didn't suit him so we changed his name to Nanuk (which means of the North in one language and polar bear in another)
Page 7 of 46 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »