Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2010, 08:18 AM
But you do tell your dog stuff...
every touch tells him you care, every play tells him you like him, every dinner tells him you love him.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Excellent thread

Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Sometimes I wish Cain could understand English and I could just explain things to him. What five things would you choose to tell your dog if they could understand English? Here's what I'd tell Cain

1. It hurts and exhausts me when you pull on the lead. If you walked nicely next to me we'd get there quicker and you'd probably get longer walks

2. Strange people and dogs aren't all seeking to hurt you, if you stop being scared and defensive towards them you could come off your lead and have loads of fun

3. We love you and despite your many homes before, we are your forever home, so you don't need to be so clingy and follow me everywhere! Just because I leave the room doesn't mean I'll disappear!

4. Most humans don't appreciate a head butt and a French kiss as a greeting!

5. If you don't like baths, don't roll on poo, simples
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I'd tell Polly that it makes me cross when she wrecks all the beds!

I'd tell them all I love them to bits.

When the time comes I'd tell them that they are just going to go to sleep and that the pain will stop---and that I am sorry.

rune
These had me in tears.

Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Haha fab idea for a thread!

1. Tissues are not for eating!

2. If you came inside when you were called you could go off lead in the garden whenever you wanted!

3. Biting my feet does not make me go downstairs faster!

4. It would really help if you'd stop biting people when they come over. Then you could be off lead when they're in the house!

5. I love you and I won't ever give you up, no matter how many tissues you eat!
Then this one cheered me up again

Dear Woody
  1. I want to let you know that I am so proud of the ManCub you have become. We had a rocky start and I'm sorry for my part in that, but well done for settling down, listening and learning. You are a lovely natured dog and Daddy & I are really proud of you xx
  2. Please walk nicely on the lead. Pulling like a steam train will not get you there any faster and makes an onlead walk very un-enjoyable.
  3. If ever you have stitches or a sore again, if you listen to me and stop licking it will get better much faster and you won't have to wear that horrid buster collar.
  4. When you leave, I will be with you all the way. It will break me in two, but I promise to be strong and just think of the incredible joy and happiness you brought to us.
  5. When we go to Grandma & Granddad's house for Christmas this year, please don't embarrass me by stealing half a platter of turkey again.
6. Sorry, one more - when we put drops in your eyes it is only to make you better, we are not trying to kill you so please don't attack us.

Love Mummy xx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2010, 08:36 AM
What a brilliant thread. Certainly created a few tears from me!
So heres mine for Tilly.

1. When I walk towards you with the brush, Im not going to kill you. Stop doing the beaten dog face!
2. When we do heal work at a show, you are allowed to do it as well as you do at training. I know you have it in you pup!
3. Twix the rabbit loves you so much, but you dont need to keep serenading him. It hurts his ears when you do the terrier song!
4. The street is a public place and people are allowed to walk past. When you bark, they dont know you are a softie. So be nice!
5. Tilly, I love you so much. We have been through so much together and you have given me strength when I thought I would fall. You were there for me during serious illness, when I didnt think I would ever walk again. You held me up at Dads funeral. One look from that scruffy little face and you have the ability to make all the wrongs in the world right again. I can never imagine my life without my little wooly monkey in it but when the time comes, I will hold you close to me and our hearts will beat as one my gorgeous, strong, loving little bubs. xxxx

(Ok, here come the tears again)
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Fabulous thread! If only they did understand huh?!

I think to Axel I would say:

1. You NEVER have to run for your life again, just for fun!

2. As you're now retired, if you could only understand you don't have to chase anything, you could be free to goon about in wide open spaces and not just the garden/tennis court.

3. You will never be passed around again, you're here to stay and we do love you, even when you're silly

4. You are a big dog, stop trying to squeeze into small spaces and getting yourself stuck!

5. Not everyone is going to kill you, you know some other people can be nice...you don't have to be scared anymore, no one is EVER going to hurt you again xx

I didn't intend mine to be so emotional, but this is what I would truly say if he could understand me...I say it anyway but he just looks at me...
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-10-2010, 11:30 AM
This thread is fab but it has had me in tears so many times!!

So, let me try and narrow it down to the 5 I would like Kia to understand:

1. The people we meet are not going to hurt you, if mummy is talking to them it generally means they're ok and you can say hello too! There is no need to be so wary, and your bark is scary so that's why people flinch away from you.

2. Chasing shadows/catching dust and licking radiators/walls may seem like fun to you when you're excited but it makes you look crazy! I would appreciate it if you would stick to playing with your many toys instead...

3. There is no need to cry at the bedroom door if daddy is having a lie-in. He works hard to make the pennies we need to feed you and doesn't appreciate being woken up so early after a night shift! Come play with mummy instead - I'll always be here for you!

4. Please stop trying to eat the vet. If we take you there it's only for your benefit and to fix whatever may be wrong with you. If you didn't try to bite him then you wouldn't have to wear the evil muzzle!

5. I am so proud of how far you've come since we got you. 3 homes before you were even 5 months old is more than any dog should have in a lifetime. But you are here to stay baby K! This is your forever home and no one will ever hurt you! We love you more than anything and everything we do is for you

Love from mummy and daddy xxxxx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Excellent thread

These had me in tears.

Then this one cheered me up again

Dear Woody
  1. I want to let you know that I am so proud of the ManCub you have become. We had a rocky start and I'm sorry for my part in that, but well done for settling down, listening and learning. You are a lovely natured dog and Daddy & I are really proud of you xx
  2. Please walk nicely on the lead. Pulling like a steam train will not get you there any faster and makes an onlead walk very un-enjoyable.
  3. If ever you have stitches or a sore again, if you listen to me and stop licking it will get better much faster and you won't have to wear that horrid buster collar.
  4. When you leave, I will be with you all the way. It will break me in two, but I promise to be strong and just think of the incredible joy and happiness you brought to us.
  5. When we go to Grandma & Granddad's house for Christmas this year, please don't embarrass me by stealing half a platter of turkey again.
6. Sorry, one more - when we put drops in your eyes it is only to make you better, we are not trying to kill you so please don't attack us.

Love Mummy xx
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
What a brilliant thread. Certainly created a few tears from me!
So heres mine for Tilly.

1. When I walk towards you with the brush, Im not going to kill you. Stop doing the beaten dog face!
2. When we do heal work at a show, you are allowed to do it as well as you do at training. I know you have it in you pup!
3. Twix the rabbit loves you so much, but you dont need to keep serenading him. It hurts his ears when you do the terrier song!
4. The street is a public place and people are allowed to walk past. When you bark, they dont know you are a softie. So be nice!
5. Tilly, I love you so much. We have been through so much together and you have given me strength when I thought I would fall. You were there for me during serious illness, when I didnt think I would ever walk again. You held me up at Dads funeral. One look from that scruffy little face and you have the ability to make all the wrongs in the world right again. I can never imagine my life without my little wooly monkey in it but when the time comes, I will hold you close to me and our hearts will beat as one my gorgeous, strong, loving little bubs. xxxx

(Ok, here come the tears again)

you pair have almost got me blubbering
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2010, 01:10 PM
to Zoe:
No one will ever hurt you again, EVER!
you are really the most adorable dog in the world... you just need a bit of help staying that way.
bigger is not better, you are on a diet for your own good, extra weight will really hurt your bad knee!

to Scout.... well, she's deaf and wouldn't be able to hear me speak to her anyway... but If we both understood ASL, then....
You are perfect!
except maybe you could quit getting into the garbage... that's really annoying!

to Oliver
That dog/kid/stranger/plastic bag/feather/garbage is not out to get you
offence is not always the best defence
the muzzle is for your protection as well as the rest of the world
you do not need to pee when Mom pets you, she will not hurt you
Thank you for teaching me, and helping me learn soooo much more about dogs and training!

and Mouse... again needing to learn ASL here
you are the silliest, goofiest dog in the world
I dont care that you cant hear or see well, you are still a great little dog
digging holes in my bed really upsets me.
you bite way too hard when playing.
not everyone will give you food, some people dont walk around with something for you to eat!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Love this idea for a thread and some absolutely brilliant responses.

My absolute favourite one that I would also like to share with Pepper...
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
5. If you don't like baths, don't roll on poo, simples
I also need this one for Pepper, so well put by Settagirl...
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
To Deacon
*Learn recall, imagine the walks all of us could have, not all dogs/people are potential friends and if I call it means I want you with me!!
I need to amend it to add that it is not obligatory to chase squirrel/bunnies/cats etc. and may end badly.

Last one for Pepper - if you'd just work with me at agility (instead of running off to do you own thing) you'd get to go to a lot of great places and have loads more fun.

To Enzo - You are a teeny, tiny dog, no one is scared of you and when you run and bark at them it just looks silly and is annoying! Get over it!

Another for Enzo - really my ears can't be that dirty, do they really need cleaning every morning???

To Gozo - I know the world can be a scary place when you're small but I will look after you, so it's ok you can relax!

J.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Lennon:
1. Yowling at me will NOT get you what you want.
2. Destroying a teddy will NOT reduce the population - I have many, many more mwahhahahmwahahah!
3. Eating wasps and bees is not advisable, as you have discovered. Please desist.
4. If you came up onto my lap for a cuddle, you might find you actually enjoy it.
5. I love you, love you, love you, love you

Mya:
1. Wuffing at me will NOT get you what you want.
2. General noises inside the house are not harmful. There's no need to leap 10 foot in the air every time I rummage in the cutlery drawer.
3. Once you've had your treats, there are NO MORE. Stop asking!
4. When you're out on a walk with me, no-one will harm you. Chill out, girl.....!
5. I love you, love you, love you, love you
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Great thread.

the 5 things I would say to Jasper;
1, If you walked nicely on the lead, it would be so much more comfortable and pleasurable for us both, and we would get a lot quicker!!

2, If you walked nicely on the lead, it would be so much more comfortable and pleasurable for us both, and we would get a lot quicker!!

3, If you walked nicely on the lead, it would be so much more comfortable and pleasurable for us both, and we would get a lot quicker!!

4, If you walked nicely on the lead, it would be so much more comfortable and pleasurable for us both, and we would get a lot quicker!!

5, You have made so much progress and are such a loving cuddly dog, I am so glad you picked us, keep up the good work Jazzy and we will take you everywhere and give you the best life xxx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3