View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 01:38 PM

What to buy 3 year old twins that have everything??

My sisters twin girls will be 3 on the 9th December and I'm really struggling as to what to buy them for their birthday.....after having 3 boys, my sister has probably bought everything and anything girlie, I don't really want to put money in their card, as I love to watch their faces as they open their presents, especially now they are getting older, don't want to buy them clothes as they seem to wear new everyday......

So any suggestions please?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 01:49 PM
When my twin girls were that age, no-one knew what to get them, and I also struggled, but at that age, they really start wanting to feel different, so everything was personal, instead of just toys.

I think we got ours peronalised hot water bottles for Winter, personalised quilt covers (matching) and similar stuff that still made them feel like twins, but also something they were proud of as it was individual to them.

HTH
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2007, 02:02 PM
When my neices were that age I took them shopping before their birthdays and just kept an eye out for what they really liked and then picked it up before their birthday. As I see it they know what they like more than anyone else.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 03:44 PM
What about a big parcel of art materials to go in a plastic tub. That way it can be used even if they have some and you can buy as much or as little as budget allows?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
What about a big parcel of art materials to go in a plastic tub. That way it can be used even if they have some and you can buy as much or as little as budget allows?
Funny you should say that, when I took one of my neices out I expected her to find the pooing peeing dolls more fascinating but it was a big art set with a ton of felt-tips pens, paints, bruses and a load of other stuff.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Mmm yes, Mum will be happy with all those felt tips, paints ...lol
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Mmm yes, Mum will be happy with all those felt tips, paints ...lol
Thats the great part of just being an uncle, I can buy all sorts of stuff that annoys my brothers and sister, paints, drums, lightsabers and the best by far, a talking crazy frog, that p155ed my brother off big time one xmas.
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2007, 10:32 PM
having a birthday so close to christmas is real tricky as santa usually has the most wanted toys all wrapped up...

what about two sets of lockets (maybe different shapes heart/oval) that they will appreciate all the more as they grow. from memory little girls love shiny jewellery!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 10:40 PM
something musical, I was in Early Learning this week, and they have a brill selection. There was a keyboard with a microphone, matching guitar, trombone etc etc doubt the parents will thank you, but the kids will be happy
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
http://www.elc.co.uk/category-535
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >