Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
I won't be seeing anyone, not going out, not drinking, no decent food, will be just me, the dogs, the cat and the TV which no doubt will be the usual drivel.
Well I just hope you get a nice surprise for Christmas and they tell you they've sold out of all your books!!! That'd be nice wouldn't it!! Nobody can live on that Deccy, not even a dog! Something will happen to get you out of this mess I hope, and soon!
running cloud
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Deccy we will be the same this Xmas, i have no family in the Uk and my relationship of 27 yrs broke up in August so just me my 14yr old daughter and the dogs, we too are broke and living on thin air, i can sympathize!!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 02:08 PM
We visit Paul's parents on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning we visit my parents, then home for lunch and the rest of the day to ourselves, we used to stay at my parents house for the day, but thought it was a bit unfair to drag the kids away from their presents etc.

Boxing day, again we stay in but Paul's best mate comes for lunch and doesn't normally go home till early hours the next day.

This year for the first time since we've had our house (21 years) we're NOT having the New Years Eve party, getting fed up with forking out loads of money for the food, drinks etc. and being left with all the mess to clear up, so we've decided to stay in and see the New Year in just the 6 of us.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Running Cloud, must be worse for you, I remember being a BRAT when I was 14 and not understanding that my parents could not provide certain things, hope she is a sweetie and understands!
Perhaps we could swop money saving tips!
Which reminds me... there's a fallen tree outside, if I get the saw out before the neighbours notice it, I can have a log fire! I've run out of the lumps of turf that fell off the tractors in the autumn as they passed!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 02:48 PM
will be visiting what i see of my dads family on the 24th, then visiting gramps on my mums side on xmas day, party food for lunch as they dont eat much! so no xmas dinner then home again. first thing xmas morning will take the dogs for a looooong walk up in guisborough hills, then on the night chill out. im not really looking forward to it, my brother will turn up at some point and wreck things - he always does
running cloud
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Yes Deccy it can be difficult but we carry on,get that wood quick in know how it is im always looking for fire wood!!!x
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Off to my mums for christmas day itself, just so Im not stuck in the house with the lads on my own

Haven't been able to afford much, but I have my parents who have been a great support through everything thats happened lately

Its my Birthday on the 27th, so Im hopeing to celebrate that somehow
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
I won't be seeing anyone, not going out, not drinking, no decent food, will be just me, the dogs, the cat and the TV which no doubt will be the usual drivel.
Very sorry to read that - Once (before I was married) I found myself in an unmentionable hell hole in North Africa on Christmas day with no one to share a joke or bevy with and I still remember that day. Perhaps you could call into your local pub for a coffee in the evening
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 07:42 PM
All the pubs are shut around here Christmas day - plus I don't like coffee - plus the nearest pub is a good few miles away. I expect all conversation will stop if I walk in unaccompanied females are seen to be ... a bit ..... racey......
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Aw is Dogsey 'open' on Christmas Day? Maybe some people could get together on here?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >