Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2019, 12:43 PM
Good afternoon all.

Bit breezy, but sunny when we set out. Howling gale and chucking it down with rain by the time we walked back. Ah well, such is life.

There is one of the scam BT ones that if you press one of the numbers suggested transfers to a very high rate charge call so you did the right thing to ignore it.

Family upsets happen Brenda. Don't let it go on too long before sorting it out. These things have a habit of going on forever if no one makes the first move.

It's my grandson's birthday today, Lynn. He's 22 today. Blimey that makes me feel very old. It's not two minutes since I thought my kids would never grow up. Now it seems they not only have but their kids have too
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2019, 02:43 PM
Sadly Chris she won't answer any of my emails. Ah well. Maybe one day. Sun is still shning.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2019, 07:57 PM
Brenda send her a letter. Sometimes its hard to forgive especially if feelings hurt.

About the telephone scam a friend of a friend had similar and apparently if you answer the phone they give you a load of spiel unpaid bill etc and immediate cut off if not paid there and then and on this occasion said to them "I can stop you making phone calls when you put your phone down" which of course you do to find you cannot make calls, when you put the phone down.
The cutting off of the line is very simple, he stays on the line with the mute button on and you can't dial out - but he can hear you trying. (This is because the person who initiates a call is the one to terminate it). When you stop trying he cuts off and immediately calls back. You could almost be convinced!

Also said only credit/debit card payment right now.

Apparently it is all about getting the card number and three digits
Report report report.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2019, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
good morn all

Not exactly nice for going for a walk it is beginning to cloud over and high winds expected. I tried spiking the lawn yesterday but the ground is still a bit hard. Got a great tool for doing it with

Interesting tool
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2019, 08:31 PM
I have a tool a little like that except mine takes out cores of earth for you to put sand grit into to help with drainage
How are you and Gert Kazz??
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Thanks for asking actually we are good thanks Griff. Finding a level and a routine.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2019, 10:15 PM
My mums friend is on her own with her dog now and like you having to find a routine, I am glad to hear you are doing o.k
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Brenda, I too have lost contact with my daughter and my only grandchild. After helping her financially and my granddaughter she upped and moved house without telling me her new telephone number or her address. This is as a result of her father's death and Steve's exclusion from his will and she did not resist this on his behalf. Yet Steve took him fishing and was deeply hurt by it but he has since made it up with his sister which I am pleased but he has not offered me her address or her telephone number and I am too proud to ask.

I hope you make progress with contacting your daughter, Good luck.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2019, 12:24 AM
Aw Moyra. Life is far too short to let pride stand in the way.

It's always annoying when you have to make the first move, but once that move is made, there is usually apologies on both sides that follow.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2