Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2019, 07:24 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday 8th January, 2019

Good morning everyone, feeling much better this morning. Amber's having her breakfast and seems ok this morning too.

I trust you and yours are all ok as well.

Have a good day I hope I am not crossing with anyone. Wrap up warm and dry and stay safe and well.

Harvey hope your other half is on the mend. God bless you all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2019, 07:31 AM
Morning all won't put the year up today sure we all know its 2019. I am also pretty sure some of us will forget I know I will and find it hard to believe another year has gone by.
Bit cold out there today. So wrap up warm everyone.

Moyra glad you seemed to have restful day feel better and enjoyed your book.
Mandy hope you are feeling better today. Bang went your discount then.
griff yes hate late deliveries not to late but late none the same. wouldn't of minded but they kept updating me next stop be with you by 3.52 then eventually when it turned up it was nearly 4.30. it all went quiet no update as promised if they encountered problems which I would imagine would be traffic.
Never mind its here and up. At least it wasn't gone 8pm like the wardrobe.

Quiet day today walk Dillon, bit of tidying and waiting for a wallet to be delivered surprise for Gorden. It should come through the letterbox.
He lost his on Friday he can only think at Liverpool station when he got his ticket out for the barrier went to pop it back in his secret pocket some guy foisted a questionnaire on him and he reckoned he missed.
So Saturday his cards had to be cancelled, reapply for new railcard cost a tenner and will have to apply for new driving licence after only just doing the change of address.
He has logged it with Liverpool Street lost property and they will email if found.
It was a ll a bit unsettling till we got his cards cancelled. He also had his teacher ref number in there and some tax number not sure what exactly. He says more a pain than anything else he has lost them.
Oh yes and my Costa card.

Hope everyone is feeling well today and all four legged friends are to.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
Morning Moyra, Could you let me have the name and author of the book please. Would love to read it. I am reading Myra Duffy books at the moment which were given to me for my birthday last year, then will go onto an Emmerdale book that I was given at Christmas. Oh I was also given a book about the 1950's all about growing up. Very interesting and brings back so many memories. although I think I prefer to remember the 1960's when I started to really feel my feet. bg!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Morning Lynn, yep thought it would happen. Maybe someone will amalgamate the posts. Hope Gorden gets his wallet back. Maybe ask at the police station to. Have a good day all. Off to search for another book called Wilderness by Roddy Doyle.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2019, 08:42 AM
No problems brenda. Unfortunately not being a mod anymore I cannot amalgamate posts.
I can though copy and paste mine into Moyra's. Really doesn't matter if more than one posts it will eventually get put into one post.

Good luck with your book search brenda.

Morning all won't put the year up today sure we all know its 2019. I am also pretty sure some of us will forget I know I will and find it hard to believe another year has gone by.
Bit cold out there today. So wrap up warm everyone.

Moyra glad you seemed to have restful day feel better and enjoyed your book.
Mandy hope you are feeling better today. Bang went your discount then.
griff yes hate late deliveries not to late but late none the same. wouldn't of minded but they kept updating me next stop be with you by 3.52 then eventually when it turned up it was nearly 4.30. it all went quiet no update as promised if they encountered problems which I would imagine would be traffic.
Never mind its here and up. At least it wasn't gone 8pm like the wardrobe.

Quiet day today walk Dillon, bit of tidying and waiting for a wallet to be delivered surprise for Gorden. It should come through the letterbox.
He lost his on Friday he can only think at Liverpool station when he got his ticket out for the barrier went to pop it back in his secret pocket some guy foisted a questionnaire on him and he reckoned he missed.
So Saturday his cards had to be cancelled, reapply for new railcard cost a tenner and will have to apply for new driving licence after only just doing the change of address.
He has logged it with Liverpool Street lost property and they will email if found.
It was a ll a bit unsettling till we got his cards cancelled. He also had his teacher ref number in there and some tax number not sure what exactly. He says more a pain than anything else he has lost them.
Oh yes and my Costa card.

Hope everyone is feeling well today and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2019, 09:09 AM
Morning all
Bit worried, dad's had a cough since we all got ill before Christmas...the dog keeps sniffing his mouth, when that happened before, it was with me and I had tumours in my lungs...sooooooo, we sent him off to the drs to get an appointment, that would have been 8am....he isn't back, not sure if I should call incase he is in his appointment...I will give it until 9.30 then call
Lynn, hopefully somebody has been honest and handed the wallet in, if it was me as I don't trust the police, I would post it to the address on the licence
Morning Moyra and Brenda... hope you both enjoy your books.
Nothing planned today for me, will see if I can manage a walk
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Oooh no griff can see why you are worried.
Hopefully his appointment is running late and nothing to worry about.
We are hoping it is in lost property at Liverpool Street not sure how long it takes for them to let you know if it has been handed in.
Will cost £2 to get it back because of not claiming in 24 hours if it is there at all.
To be honest we are not expecting to find it. thankfully there was no cash in the wallet. Keep us updated on dad.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Good morning evryone

Pleased you are feeling more rested Moyra.

Brenda hope you find and enjoy all your books

Griff hope your dad is ok.

Have a tickly cough and I think the beginnings of a cold. Been out to the village doctors hadn't delivered prescription to chemist so had to chase that up, letter we need to take to Japan has things on it we dont have I suppose I should have given written instructions as to the ones I wanted. Prescription delivered to chemist but have to wait until tomorrow to collect as they don't have it in stock. Tesco Express didn't have what I wanted either - it really is a useless place. So have just spent an hour walking backwards and forwards. Now for a quiet coffee

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Oh Kelly hope everything is allright with your Dad. For anyone else that has a cough try Bronchostop. Amazing.Yep tracked down the book on ebay so have ordered it. Just come back from seeing a friend whose birthday it is today and she said did they make a film of the book called Wilderness so will have to look it up. Gives me something to do. bfn.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2019, 01:12 PM
He turned up, he is on steroids, has to have a blood test today and a chest x-ray at some point....his blood pressure was raised too.
Sue...what a pain in the bum!
Nipped to town and bought my dad some more glasses as I may have trodden on his others lol...there was no saving them. Also got oil for Steve's car as he keeps forgetting and some new things to cook pizza on
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >