register for free

Dog News

Elkhound Leisure Club Companion Dog Show

Results from the Elkhound Leisure Club Companion Dog Show held on Bank Holiday Monday, 17th April, at Horspath near Oxford. There were 105 exhibitors making 399 entries, and approximately £500 was raised on the day for The Animal Health Trust Ophthalmology Unit.

In addition, there was a stall run by Elkhound Rescue which raised a further £86. Chairman Colin Maun has emailed me to express his sincere gratitude for the generosity of the committee, helpers and exhibitors.

Judge for the day was Mrs Linda Thomas (Shimani), and Best in Show was awarded to Miller’s English Springer Spaniel, Reserve Best in Show Baldwin’s Boxer, and Best Puppy in Show was Peach’s Beagle. Best Veteran in Show was the Swinburn’s 10 year old Hamiltonstovare. Colin tells me the venue has been re-booked for Easter Monday 2007 – a date for your diaries!

Bob and Linda Smith, who ran the Companion Dog Show on Bank Holiday Monday, 17th April, at Tower View, Broadway, have asked me to let you all know that as a result of entries, raffle, tombola, cake stand and various other stalls and attractions, and due to the huge generosity of everyone taking part, a massive £1,260 was raised for the Special Care Baby Unit at Gloucester Royal Hospital & St Pauls, Cheltenham. Wow! Bob and Linda put the most tremendous amount of work into the running of this show and deserve such success. Unfortunately, many exhibitors did not fill in their entry forms with name and address details, and we are therefore unable to give the results. If you had a success at this event please contact me, and I will publish the details in my next article.

Your comments and views:
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Goodness! What a super fund-raising result and an all-round success. Congratulations to the winners and well done to all participants and to the organizers.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top