Pet dog mauled to death outside Milton Keynes home

...has received 20 comments (page 2)
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I watched the video did you?
I mentioned it because I thought he looked frail.
My comment referred to the video not you.
You may not be frail but that old couple certainly looked it.
People ? Really some muppet who just got in the way, yeah just what you need.
I'll mention what I like thanks as I'm not answerable to you.
Your charm is reciprocated.
Continue with your very nice day
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2017, 01:34 AM
It's hard to think for many in such a situation, but I can see how small dogs ignite prey drive in the first place then he is swinging them on the leads. He probably was trying to get them away from the dog, but clearly that's a big dog. He did some fighting off of the dog, I probably would try to grab the dog by the throat as hard as I could. If the dog was focused on the other dogs and not showing redirected the idiot standing near him watching could have simply grabbed the shepherd.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2017, 07:01 AM
The owners of the small dogs just looked incredibly incompetent. They failed to stop or slow the initial attack and then failed to stop the attack even afterwards. The man easily lifted the dogs clean off the ground and swung them around. Doesn't look frail to me at all. Just had no idea what to do and failed immensely at warding off the attack.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-12-2017, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
The owners of the small dogs just looked incredibly incompetent. They failed to stop or slow the initial attack and then failed to stop the attack even afterwards. The man easily lifted the dogs clean off the ground and swung them around. Doesn't look frail to me at all. Just had no idea what to do and failed immensely at warding off the attack.
Not sure what the purpose of your comment is Myra, the owner of the small dogs shouldn't have to deal with aggressive off-lead and much-bigger dogs.

It's a bit like saying you'd be incompetent if a pack of 50 dogs ripped your dogs to shreds with you being unable to save it.

Most people would go into shock in such a situation. Plus it's much easier said than done - stopping an attack - I've tried to stop an overweight lab attacking my neighbour's dog and it wasn't easy. Luckily her dog is a large Ridgeback who was able to protect himself and the owner of the Lab came out and got his belt off and around his dogs neck before any serious damage was done.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2017, 11:37 PM
So what should he have done?
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-12-2017, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I watched the video did you
Of course.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2018, 01:16 AM
The main point was just pointing out that the man doesn't look frail, he just looks like he doesn't at all know what to do nor does he have the temperament to do what is necessary. And my previous dog was in several fights... He was once attacked by a Chihuahua and fought back, swinging the dog by a front leg. I kicked my own dog in the head/face until he let go. There was no other option. The Chihuahua suffered (only) a broken leg and my dog was not injured except for the bite to his foot by the Chihuahua. Much like the other user said she would try and choke the dog with all her might. Usually, stopping a vicious dog requires violence. What he did will never work. Comparing the incident to a pack of 50 dogs is absurd.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2018, 07:34 AM
I did watch the video and the most shocking thing of all to me is that a large powerful dog like this GSD was off the lead in a street area. He looks to be adult, so I am sure this will not have been his first offence. I am just flabbergasted by the idiocy and irresponsibility of the owner.

Yes, the elderly couple did not respond in a sensible way at all, but that is by the by ... the fault remains with the GSD owner and frankly for such an appalling attack he should be heavily fined and bound over to keep his dog leashed at all times in public places.

Poor little yorkie ...

Nice to see you back on Dogsey Myra!
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2018, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I did watch the video and the most shocking thing of all to me is that a large powerful dog like this GSD was off the lead in a street area. He looks to be adult, so I am sure this will not have been his first offence. I am just flabbergasted by the idiocy and irresponsibility of the owner.
Yes, I take your point. There was no mention of an owner in that clip. Maybe the dog escaped or was a stray.

Please understand that I am not disagreeing with you or in any way condoning this vicious attack - just offering an alternative explanation of why the dog might have been off the lead in that area.

I wouldn't remotely consider letting ours off the lead in a street area. Not because there is a risk of such a horrible attack like that. In road traffic he could cause an accident and/or be injured himself.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2018, 12:16 PM
The main point was just pointing out that the man doesn't look frail,
I agree with you. The way he started on that dog and seemed to pin him down certainly doesn't suggest that he was a frail old man.

A dreadful event without a doubt but I have a feeling we don't know the whole story.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top