View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nichola
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:26 AM

Should i change his puppy food (18 weeks old & has wind)

What is your opinion on James wellbeloved dog food im feeding my 18 week old puppy on this and he has really smelly wind, do you think i should change it if so what do you recommend.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:31 AM
Is this what the breeder fed him on? If so you will have to change over very slowly to avoid upset tummy. I've always used Burns mini-bites on my litters, never had one upset tummy, I found JWB always upset them.
nichola
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:39 AM
He was fed on Pedigree chum pouches but when i took him to get vet checked she said i should try introducing him onto the dry so i actually bought the JWB from the vets. wheres the best place to buy Burns?
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:45 AM
I think Pets @ Home sell it. I have used James Wellbeloved for some years now and I beleive they have changed the food slightly, it seems to be quite rich, my friend had puppies a month ago and all her pups were suffering from diarrhoea, she used a little rice and chicken in the food to help the diarrhoea harden.
DebVM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:46 AM
agree there, change over his food gradually, i thought james wellbeloved was a good dog food i brought some the other day for our pomeranian and he was sick straight after, reckon he eats to fast sometimes, but he has been known to do that with other foods, so i dont know!
nichola
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Thanks for you advice i think i will have to change over.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:55 AM
I found burns keeps dog very very lean, one dog i knew was underweigh on burns, she changed him onto nutro and he filled out really nicely. We feed nutro and its excellent, but you might find burn does suit you dog.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 01:01 AM
Certain foods go with certain dogs, what one dog is happy with is not for another and vice versa whatever the change it would be best to introduce the food gradually over the week so not to upset his tummy any further
nichola
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by Wheaten mad
I found burns keeps dog very very lean, one dog i knew was underweigh on burns, she changed him onto nutro and he filled out really nicely. We feed nutro and its excellent, but you might find burn does suit you dog.
Oh now im confussed i don't know what to do, where do i buy nutro?
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by nichola
Oh now im confussed i don't know what to do, where do i buy nutro?
Lol sorry didnt mean to confuse You can find stockist here... http://www.nutro.co.uk/stockist.php
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >