Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2005, 09:22 PM

disasterous walk

just got back from our walk, yes in the dark but had a bloody awful day and needed some fresh air! so had the dogs on the leads took our usual walk through the fields and woods, past the supermarket and out on field land, and we finsihed up cut around at the back of the hospital and walked right up to the roun about which is where the enterance to the stables are (they say Coventry is a city we have a stables and farm within 15 minutes of our house ) anyways there is a fairly busy road here and as we walked along the path by the stables fields i heard a noise out come bustling a rough collie and a sort of corgi type dog, which then ran around us barking and Florrie thinking everything is playable went forward to these dogs (she was on the lead BTW) and the corgi type dogs bit her on her leg and drew blood and the poor lass yelped louder than i had ever heard before, so i picked her and Polly up and went to walk off down the road. Now ever tried to carry one injured dogs and another psyco that was barking to get at the other dogs. But Polly's barking provoked these stable dogs even more so they ran after us down the road and went for the dogs again but they coudlnt get to them, the rough collie wandered back up the road to the stables but this corgi type dogs lunged and ripped all the bottom of my trousers, viscious thing. Well after shooing it off it ran across a main road in the dark ( i know ) and then the rough collie came out of knowhere and followed it, they dissapeared down an alley between 2 houses and were offski. Now any normal person would have walked on.but im a lover of any animal and couldn't see em get hurt, so walked back up to the stables and went to the house, knocked the door and was greeted by the lady who ran it told her what happened, her response.
"Well they have got a reputation for being snappy'
i said why are they aloud to roam
she said ' to watch ma horses and alert me to intruders'
i said they ahve just shot across a main road in the dark
she said' yar i know they do it all the time, cuase there a red setter bitch over the road in heat!'
i said well couldnt you keep them in the house
she said 'house..house never they belong outside
i said they are going to either get seriouslly hurt or do sever damage
she said 'they be farm dogs they know wheres to stay if they want shelter and a feed'

i knew i was fighting a loosing battle so ended the conversation on me saying, well jsut thought i would let you know they are wandering around in the dark, got the door slammed on am face....ah well

so i now have FLorrie with a severed leg, Polly overly teched now (she being teched from her phantom) and my leg with a rather nasty bite on it, i never noticed the blighter had caught me.
Those dogs are really a menace, i don't want to imagine the outcome of this situation
best wishes
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Oh Luke some days are rubbish and best forgotten ...

I would bathe little Florries wounds in a strong saline solution..I hope she is ok, tough little terriers tend to bounce back ok
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 09:35 PM
You have had a really tough time recently! I hope all involved recover well!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Oh Luke some days are rubbish and best forgotten ...

I would bathe little Florries wounds in a strong saline solution..I hope she is ok, tough little terriers tend to bounce back ok
yes have just finished bathing it now, she doesn't seem to be in discomfort, as she let me touch/wash it with no whines or pulling back etc
shes a toughyand she seems alright, i am now convinced those dogs will be ran over some time soon they are playing with fire
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm sorry for you and your dogs Luke. Some people are beyond belief and this woman was one of them. There's just no telling them, is there?
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Oh no poor you Luke

Hope you all heal soon
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
I'm sorry for you and your dogs Luke. Some people are beyond belief and this woman was one of them. There's just no telling them, is there?
nope it isn't the first time something similar happened i remember a few years back these stables had a majestic deerhound, she was a stunner but they let her wander and she got killed in a RTA, you would think they would learn
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Stupid woman!
Well you did your best, and pretty decent of you too, considering both you and your dogs were injured.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 10:38 PM
I feel sorry for you and all dogs concerned. poor things didn't ask to be owned by a blatant idiot. you did what you could - and have more guts than me - i couldn't do it!

I hope you and Florrieget better soon - and I hope these dogs run far enough away to find new homes. poor things. and I wouldn't bother trying to educate that stupid woman again. there's a great line from Secret of Nimh:

'Cast not pearls before swine i always say, and that includes impudent piglets!'

xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Some people eh?just no talking to them
I feel sorry for the dogs,at least you kept your cool,don't think i could have

Hope you and yours are all ok though,

Sal
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >