View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-07-2012, 12:28 PM

What do you think of council tenants being banned from breeding their dogs ..

As the title says really ....
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Why would council tenants necessarily be bad breeders ?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
As the title says really ....
Not sure that people who rent are less responsible than people who buy their homes to be fair, If money=brains then I must be DUMB
toobendy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-07-2012, 12:38 PM
well i'll be a council tenant soon i hope. i don't believe i'll suddenly become irresponsible when i move from my mums home to a council house but i'll let you all know if i do suddenly change from quite a responsible person to an irresponsible person that doesn't look after her dogs properly
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Any different from Private Landlords banning Pets?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Any different from Private Landlords banning Pets?
Yes because councils don't ban dogs as pets usually. It does make me wonder if it is getting us all ready to be sold to housing associations though as some of them do ban dogs. I have asked our council several times what happens if they sell us to one who doesn't allow pets and had no answers so far.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm guessing that Council's must've experienced problems to have put such a rule in place. And I'm sure they realise that not all Council tenants who breed have caused problems. The difficultly is how do they set out a rule that stops the 'baddies' only?

And making a rule more complicated to cater for the 'good' breeders then becomes impossible for the Council to monitor.

So, no, such a rule is not necessarily fair, but I can see why they may have felt they had to impose it. Would be interested to know just what problems there have been though.

Is there any information on why?
XoloLover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-07-2012, 12:45 PM
just ut of curiosity is this a country wide thing that they've actually put through or something that is being considered?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Yes because councils don't ban dogs as pets usually. It does make me wonder if it is getting us all ready to be sold to housing associations though as some of them do ban dogs. I have asked our council several times what happens if they sell us to one who doesn't allow pets and had no answers so far.
I recently (last year) move H/A to a different one who doesn't accept dogs but as I had Anoushka at the time they said it is fine but if they cause problems you can lose your tenancy, as it happens the kids are more unruly than the dogs
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
I recently (last year) move H/A to a different one who doesn't accept dogs but as I had Anoushka at the time they said it is fine but if they cause problems you can lose your tenancy, as it happens the kids are more unruly than the dogs
Seems very unfair to me, we have dogs in our council shared ownership flat if they cause problems I quite understand I would lose my tenancy but to be sold on to another owner and not be able to have any more dogs just because we cannot afford to buy a house ...........
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »