View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
freddunn
Dogsey Junior

02-06-2004, 09:42 PM

HELP HELP pleeeeeeeease

Since we have Scoobie, when they are playfighting, Alfie does not respond at all to commands.
I gather that this is normal, but is there anything that I can / should do, so that he responds to my commands under all circumstances.

When not playfighting he responds as normal.
:thanks:
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2004, 10:05 PM
What commands is he not responing to? What I mean is what are you asking him to do when they are playing? Do you just want him to stop, or to do something specific?

It is useful to teach a command such as 'enough' which means stop whatever you are doing NOW. I use this when they play-fight and it starts getting OTT and over-noisy, but generally I just let them get it out of their sytems.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2004, 04:22 AM
I tried to stop the play fighting but to no avail. Now I just allow it until my pointy eared dog gets carried away, and then I send him to his room.
Robert
Dogsey Senior

03-06-2004, 10:12 AM
I think Shadowboxer has the answer, I taught Heidi that a sharp NO meant she stops doing what ever she's doing instantly, a short word like NO is best because its sharp and you can really get some urgency in to it.