Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 04:37 PM
So what did people think of it??

I thought it was pretty much a waste of time repeats from first programme and Mic driving and lurking in bushes
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I watched it. It was ok but too much lead yanking for my liking.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I must say that I too was a little disappointed. Not for any of the pulling on the leash - it's up to individuals how they work with their dog - and as someone who has had to pull his dog around a little, I'm of the "walk a mile in my shoes" thinking.

I was disappointed at the banality and childishness of it all. It looked to me as though Mic had gone to the presenters with a "I reckon people f******g love seeing me on television, and so why don't we get me f******g hiding around in bushes.... etc. etc".

The truth is, for my money, he's too single-faceted to carry a television programme alone. Once you appreciate he swears a lot and speaks his mind, there's not a lot left.

I also felt that he was a little too dismissive of all the "trick" training that the dog owner had clearly done with the dog, and done exceptionally well from what I could see. I'm not personally one for tricks either but even I know that to get them right, you have to have spent a lot of time with the dog, which can only be a good thing.

As for the potential losing of the certificate - even if there was a single chance of that happening - would it really matter? I think not.

Overall, extremely disappointing. It seemed less about the dog and owner, and more about Mic perpetuating his image of a hard-talking trainer. Yes, we already get it. Let's move on now...
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2007, 08:33 PM
I was disappointed with it as well, far too much was repeated. I think it would have been better if they would have shown us how 2 or 3 of the dogs were getting on.

I don't dislike Mic Martin, but was I the only one thinking it would have been quite funny if someone would have called the police to say that there was a bloke hiding in the bushes with a pair of binoculars?
fayemond
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2007, 02:48 PM
..touch wood Mic hasn't been lurking in bushes near me... i hope he doesn't too.... Good luck to all going on series 3!!!
Page 45 of 45 « First < 35 42 43 44 45